Monday, September 9, 2013

Shopping in Paris Shape Up


Hello paper crafting friends!  It must be Monday because it's Bitten By the Bug 2 day!  This week our Cricut challenge is being hosted by our fabulous Design Team sister, Jayne.  Jayne has asked us all to Shape Up (!) and use our Cricuts to create a shaped card or layout.  


I started out this week's challenge with a ticket shaped card featuring the same cuts that I eventually used on this card.  I felt like the ticket shape was getting lost in the other elements of the card so I created a word shaped card.    Using the Summer in Paris cartridge, I took the word Paris, with the Eiffel Tower and created a mirror image of the cut and welded the two in Cricut Craft Room.  I added a cursive i from the Artbooking cartridge to connect the P to the a in Paris.


I sized and cut the two layer Eiffel Tower, also from SIP, to fit over the tower on the card front.  

After gluing the card front onto the card, complete with the Eiffel Tower layers, I used Artbooking to cut the word "Shop" and the Fleur-de-lis charm.  The Fleur-de-lis was cut in two layers, the top layer is metallic gold card stock.  I added a charm loop to hold the charm on the letter P.



I finished my card by adding a chic shopper behind the i in the word Paris.  I cut a chic woman from the Suburbia cartridge.  I dressed her in red and white with a blue beret.  Her beret is actually the dot over the letter i, but I think it resembles a stylish beret!


This week's Cricut challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 offers so many opportunities for creativity - I hope you will join us in this week's challenge.  Please check the side bar at BBTB2 and then link in your NEW project under this week's post at BBTB2.  


September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!


You can order your items through my on-line store HERE!



10 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

wow this is awesome. hugs

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan this shaped card is amazing!! I love how you connected the P to the A and I love how you used the dot of the I to act as a beret!! How clever!! And such a stylish card too! You are way to clever and talented Susan, how about rubbing elbows with me?! lol Hugs!

snappy scrappy said...

Fab card...just scream Paris...love it!!

Beckie said...

Great paper and color choices. LOVE.


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store

Caroline said...

Oh Susan this shape card is absolutely amazing!! I can tell alot of thought went into this. I love the chic lady, eiffel tower and your wording! Oh my goodness, fabulous!!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!! I so love your stylish Paris card!! The elegant lady with the adorable beret and the tower are most wonderful!!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, you are so creative! I am always going "Wow!" at your projects and enjoy cruising through your blog to see all the things you make each week. I love the lady-she is so stylish and chic :)

I just got my Artbooking cartridge and stamps yesterday and the cricut came today-it was like Christmas!!!! (However my hubby has now confiscated all my new goodies until my birthday-oh no! I did manage to liberate the Artbooking handbook though, so I can start planning my projects-hopefully he won't notice....lol!)

Jayne said...

MFS your shaped card is amazing! It's our 20th wedding anniversary this weekend and I would love my Hubby to give me this card... Obviously because he would be taking me shopping and sightseeing in Paris!! The beret/dot is genius. I too made extra shaped cards and then had to decide which to go with. My son got the card the day after he started back(hadn't really forgotten....mmmm). It's a bit of a tradition and I think it probably means more to me than him but he humours me!
Hugs
YFJ

DIANA L. said...

Your shaped card is awesome Sharon I love the colors you used and the design. The chick looks really cute!
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Pam MacKay said...

Oh La La!! What a fantastic design! Very creative and unique love it!!