Monday, September 30, 2013

Oh Snap! My Favorite Photos!

(Click any photo to enlarge)

Hello everyone, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge post.  This week's challenge was selected by our very fabulous Melanie.  Melanie challenged the Design Team to use any Cricut overlay cut on a project of their choice.   

I have been doing a lot of scrapbook pages recently, and loving it!  Scrapbooking is still my first love in paper crafting.  When I scrapbook I feel like I am returning to my crafting roots and renewing my paper crafting interests.  I decided to create a two page 12 x 12 inch layout using an overlay and other fun elements.


I used two cartridges on this layout - primarily Close To My Heart's Artbooking, but also Craft Room Basic Shapes.  Artbooking is THE PERFECT cartridge for the overlay challenge, though I confess to be very impressed with the creativity of Design Team in selecting their overlays.  For me, Artbooking was a natural choice.  

I created these two pages for the "family" scrapbook.  I sometimes scrap the same photos over and over in different combinations, on different papers, for different scrapbooks.  I had previously scrapped a couple of the above photos for Bethany's book.  I am working on pages for Ian's book, and these two pages are for mine and Doug's family book.


I wanted to honor the colors and the season of the photos with my paper selections so I stayed within the fall color spectrum - lots of oranges, creams, browns, and rust.  I even managed to find a wood grain print to use as matting.


I had fun using the camera and the balloon phrases on these two pages.  I know that "OH SNAP" is not usually associated with cameras, but I thought it was cute here.  Of course I did add the traditional "click it" on the next page.



I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics cartridge to create the four circle frame cut.  I started with four inch circles welded together, and I added 3.5 inch circles into the middle of each larger circle.  I spaced the circles to fit around the other elements on the page.  The photos were hand cut using the cut out frame centers as a template.  


I finished the page with by adding metal embellishments to the page.  I added glue and glitter to the center of the smaller metal embellishments.

You know we truly love it when you join us in the weekly BBTB2 challenge.  The challenge rules are on the sidebar of the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog.  



As a quick reminder, today is your LAST day to order the September Stamp of the Month and to take advantage of the National Stamping Month special.  All order must be placed by midnight Mountain Time tonight!  

September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order the Artbooking cartridge this month you can get everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!



11 comments:

Brenda said...

I am totally in love with this layout Susan!! It looks so fabulous, the "oh snap" and "click it" are just perfect!! I love the welded circles with the pics-great idea!! And of course I love the fall color combo-looks so great with your pictures! Hugs!

Rhonda Emery said...

love your beautiful layout such great pictures to match. hugs

Jayne said...

Your LO's are amazing MFS! I love the fall colours and the project life feel to them. Gorgeous piccies too!
Jayne x

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

I love love love this fun layout !!! Wow , so many great details , I love the overlay, the camera , the pictures everything !!!!

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Pam MacKay said...

Susan I the overlay you selected is so perfect for your layout! It looks awesome! Wonderful fall colors too! Thanks so much for your warm welcome! You are so sweet!

Laura Pizz said...

I love the overlay and the ombre background paper...Great work!

Caroline said...

I just love all the pics of your "kids". I really like the blurbs of "oh snap" and "click it". I just love checking out your projects, you inspire me. I need to do more scrapbooking. I really love the colors you used and these pretty papers.

Sharon said...

Oh so beautiful!!! I love the camera and the blurbs!! And the overlays are fabulous. Great fall colors, too. :)

Jaren said...

This is such a fabulous layout!!

Scrapping Girl said...

I feel exactly the same way about scrapbooking-it makes me happy and I enjoy re-living special family moments! I love how you used the camera and sayings for the family pics-very fun, and love the fall feel to the pages!
:)
Michelle

melanie said...

Ok, talented friend of mine, this layout is really great! In fact, I am late commenting and I scrolled past some really fabulous projects! You are churning and burning!