Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh Holy Night Christmas Card



Hello everyone.  Last Saturday, along with my friends Peggy and Susan, I spent the day at Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg, SC.  It is a good thing that we love that place so much.  It is a 2.5 hour drive (each direction) for us, but we love going!!  I had big plans to work on dozens of cards (!) and perhaps a layout or two. Oh silly me!  I should have known that I over estimated my planned creative output!




What I did manage to do was make several new Christmas Cards.  I will post the other cards at a later date, but today I thought we would start with something special.  

I love Heartfelt Creations dies and stamp sets.  Seriously.  I know they are time consuming to cut and assemble, but I love what can be made with them.  I used the poinsettia dies, stamps, and the Oh Holy Night stamp to make this card.



I am going to confess that this card was inspired by a very simple card and a very detailed HC layout.  I combined the two ideas and came up with this card.  Not too over the top, but very pretty and Christmasy.

I stamped Close To My Heart white card stock with CTMH Crystal Blue ink using the poinsettia stamps.  I then cut out the stamped flowers using the Grand Calibur cutting machine.  I also cut out the Pine die cut, by Elizabeth Craft.  

I applied a silver finish the the flowers, and after they dried, I used a stylus to shape the petals.  The flower layers were glued together and filigree centers were added.



I used a light blue card stock onto which I stamped both the Oh Holy Night image and text.  I used large daubers and added additional ink around the edges of the sky and on the foreground.  I added white touches to the sheep and a bit of color to the shepherds, and shimmer to the star and domed buildings.  

I matted the stamped image onto CTMH Colonial White card stock and matted that onto a piece of CTMH printed card stock.  I attached the flowers to the edges of the stamped image.



I made two copies of this card... and I may go back and make more.  I do love the flower and the Holy Night stamp.




For those of you who may not be aware, Bitten By the Bug 2 is holding a Design Team Call.  You have until Sunday, Sept 22 to submit an entry.  All of the details are on the BBTB2 blog.


3 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really pretty

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this card is just beautiful!!! I love in love with those poinsettias and I love, love the image in the background! This to me is the perfect Christmas card! Hugs!