Friday, September 13, 2013

Learning a New Stamping Technique


Hello everyone!  Yesterday my friend Melanie challenged me to learn a new crafting technique and to share it with a small facebook group.  And though this is not my best card ever, I decided to share it with you also.  I hope now that you know it is a first attempt at this technique you will be kind and understand that there IS a learning curve involved.

The technique I wanted to try is the layer stamping technique where you stamp an image on several layers individually so that when the layers are assembled the stamped image lines up with itself perfectly. In my case I am not sure the word "perfectly" should be used, but for the most part my stamped images did line up well.



I will tell you that this technique took a lot of measuring prior to stamping,  And it did not help that I was stamping off part of the ink before I stamped the layers.  But in the end I do like the overall idea and I will try this again.


I used the Close To My Heart new stamp set, Happy Autumn, for the stamped images.  I LOVE this stamp set and the coordinating paper, Huntington Paper Pack.  So much fall goodness in that paper pack!!


There are so many things going on right now I will try to list them all briefly:

 Bitten By the Bug 2 is holding a Design Team Call.  You have until Sunday, Sept 22 to submit an entry.  All of the details are on theBBTB2 blog.



I am offering a special for anyone who signs up to become a member of my Close To My Heart team:  


For a limited time only I am running a personal Join My Teamspecial.  Anyone who joins my CTMH team in the next week will receive half of the cost of their $50 starter kit back from me.  That's right, for the next week I am offering you the opportunity to receive $25 back via paypal after you sign up on my team.

If you would like more information about being a CTMH consultant, email me and I will give you a call.  Or go to my on-line store and read more about becoming a CTMH Consultant - HERE.


September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!



No comments: