Thursday, September 26, 2013

Iron Gate-fold Card with Roses


Hello everyone.  I have one of my hybrid cards to share with you today.  Recently a customer asked me why I use the Silhouette Cameo if I am a Close To My Heart consultant.  I pointed out that I actually LOVE the CTMH Cricut Cartridges, but I also love my Cameo.  This card is an example of how you can use CTMH products with your Cameo.


I found the cut file for the wrought iron gate card in the Silhouette America store.  I sized and cut the card.
I edited the design so that I had only the outside shape of the card and I cut that in white.  This allowed me to have a white inside and a while lining for the iron gate.  I wanted the gates lined because I did not want the inside writing to show through the gate.

To make my life easier I cut two colors and sizes of leaves with the Cameo.  I could have used the leaves from the stamp set I planned to use, but I confess, I took the quick way out!


I used the Close To My Heart Happy Autumn stamp set to stamp the roses for the gate front.   This is the same stamp set that I used on the fall cards last week (this post).  I think it is amazing the difference that ink color can make in the end result of a stamp set.  In last week's card the colors are bold and lush, where as in today's card the colors are more mellow.

In case you have not guessed, of all of the new stamp sets in the Fall/Winter Close To My Heart Catalog, Happy Autumn is my favorite.  I really, really like this stamp set.


 

Inside the card I added two layers on which I plan to stamp my sentiment and write the personalized message.  I finished the card by adding a the stamped "sweet" tag to the front of the gates.




Remember this is the last week to take advantage of the National Stamping Month special and the fabulous Stamp of the Month set!

September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order the Artbooking cartridge this month you can get everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!



4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Creative M said...

Elegant & Beautiful!
Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Brenda said...

Love this card!!! Heck we can love our Cricut's and our other machines at the same time!! lol

Laura Pizz said...

Gorgeous card!