Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fun Fall Layout


Hello everyone.  Today's blog post is going up late due to technical difficulties.  I was having problems getting a glare-free photograph of the layout!  I photographed this layout in two different sessions, deleting all of yesterday's photos due to glare and poor color quality.  Today's photos, while better, are still not quite what I had wanted to share with you.


As you can see this is a two page, 12 x 12 inch layout.  The left page, above, includes some elements from an SVGcuts.com layout.  I used only part of the SVGs from the cut file.  I did not want the cuts to over power the photographs.

I used a fun fall orange and white print as the base card stock for this layout.  I cut the large partial circle, the cornfield layer, the stripes and chevrons on my Silhouette Cameo.  The title, sunflower, leaf border and pumpkins were also from the SVGcuts file.

Using the card stock, I created a second page to coordinate with the left page.  I used the same leaf border and pumpkin, as well as the same card stock prints.


I love that this layout gave me the opportunity to use the Close To My Heart September Stamp of the Month.  This stamp set has not only the fall subway art in the photo below, but a similar Christmas subway art!


I thought you might like a close up shot of some of the page elements.  Below you can see the double layer title, the corn stalks, and the sunflower.


I truly enjoyed making this layout.  Of course I do love the photos of Bethany and John so it was fun to design a layout to compliment the photos, but not overpower the photos.  I hope you like this layout as well.




Remember that is this is the last week to order the September Stamp of the Month and to receive the National Stamping Month stamp set.  







3 comments:

Laura Pizz said...

Great two pager! Especially love that sunflower...

Brenda said...

Super cute layout Susan! I love the fall pics, too cute of the cute couple!! And of course I love fall layouts! Hugs!

Rhonda Emery said...

love your pretty layout