Monday, September 2, 2013

French Fry Box Giraffe Baby Gifts


Hello paper crafting friends!  Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?  That is how I feel about today's post - I had a vague plan and I love how it all came together for me!   It is the first Monday of the month and that means it is my day to host the Bitten By The Bug 2 weekly challenge.

I challenged the Design Team to use the French Fry box on the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Of course if they did not have the French Fry box they were welcome to use any 3D box cut.


Sometime last year I saw a cute baby gift using a French Fry box.  I thought it was so cute, but I wanted to make my own mark on the French Fry box idea.  I began with Close To My Heart's baby print card stock set, Baby Cakes!  I cut the French Fry boxes at 11.5 inches tall in order that they might be as large as possible with 12 x 12 card stock.  I used only two Cricut cartridges to create these cut boxes:  Art Philosophy and Artbooking.


The labels were cut in layers using Artbooking - both the top labels and the round labels below.  The word Baby was cut with the Artbooking font, welded in Cricut Craft Room.  The giraffes were also cut from Artbooking and attached to the Fry boxes with pop dots.

I used a CTMH stamp on the circle tag and brown twine.   I found the giraffe print baby blanket and giraffe head soothing blanket at Amazon.  I think this set (and the other three blankets from the receiving blanket package) will make an adorable baby gift.


The Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team did a great job of coming up with creative uses for the French Fry box.  Be sure to head over to the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog when you finish here!

Close To My Heart

September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  



Need ideas on what to order???  How about the Artbooking Cartridge?


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping).  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!


You can order your items through my on-line store HERE!





7 comments:

Jayne said...

Susan I loved this challenge and it's great to see so many different ideas for the same box.
Your baby set is adorable. The giraffe is so cute and the DP perfect! Such a great gift set.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

What a fabulous challenge Susan! I've been wanting to use that French Fry box but hadn't done so yet. I love the way you used it!! I have a new grandbaby coming in March and will have to use this box to put my baby gifts in. I love, love the cute papers you used and I love that you put a topper on the box! So cute and perfect!! Hugs!

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness Susan. Your boxes are absolutely adorable!! I love the little giraffes, so cute and the sentiment is perfect and the paper you used for the boxes is also perfect!!! Love them!

Sharon said...

This is a great challenge Susan!! I so love your darling French fry boxes. The giraffe paper is great and I love the giraffe cuts. The sentiments are just darling. :)

Carole Beath said...

Awwww, I love me a giraffe. Such a cute project.
Carole

melanie said...

so darn cute! I love everything about it. You make the most beautiful things! Did you just have that giraffe on hand?

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh this is just darling! I just wanna hug the giraffe and take it home! And the little giraffe on the box coordinates so perfectly-this turned out so fabulous, Susan!
Michelle