Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Envelope Style Christmas Photo Card - Artbooking, Cricut, & Silhouette


Hey there!  I hope you all had a wonderful labor day weekend.  Doug and I had a nice weekend but we both commented on how quickly the weekend passed!

Today I have a new Christmas card to share with you.  This was actually a bit of an experimental card and a hybrid card all grouped into a single project.  I had this idea to use an envelope flip open photo card as a Christmas card.  The base flip open card was a Silhouette card file I downloaded from the Silhouette store.  I then adjusted the size of the cut and the length of the fold out section. I cut the base card at 13.5 inches long using some 12 x 17 Christmas red card stock from my stash.


Next I carefully measured the size of the larger fold out flap.  Using Cricut Craft Room, I resized the interlocking circles background cut on the Artbooking cartridge to fit over top of the fold out section.  I used a piece of photo paper to cut the overlay.  I wanted the overlay to have a smooth, semi shiny surface and the photo paper was perfect.  It also cut so cleanly that I wondered why I had not used it previously.

Using the same measurement, I also cut a rectangle of DP to fit behind the overlay. I used this same DP inside the card and over the flap on the outside.


Using my Cricut I cut the double layer tag for the front of the card.  I used a scrap of the original Christmas print red card stock to cut the scalloped base and smooth white card stock for the stamped topper.  I used the NEW Close To My Heart Santa's Greeting stamp on the cover tag.  I decorated the stamp by coloring in the some of the stripes and by adding gems to the tag.



Inside the card I created a double layer "note" area.  I used a CTMH Christmas stamp from my stash to stamp the inside sentiment.  I inserted a photo of my son Aaron and his fiance Crissie to the card.

This style of card is perfect if you like to send a photo card for Christmas, but still want to make your own hand made card.  This is a wonderful hybrid.

Also, you could easily cut the base envelope card with a paper trimmer and craft knife.  I used the Silhouette file simply for convenience sake.



CLOSE TO MY HEART

September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  



Need ideas on what to order???  How about the Artbooking Cartridge?


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping).  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!


You can order your items through my on-line store HERE!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Such a beautiful card! I just love this idea!