Thursday, September 19, 2013

Caribbean Cruise with Studio J


Hey there!  As many of you know, I tend to be a traditional scrapbooker.  But every now and then I find that Studio J, the Close To My Heart digital scrapbook program, has just the answer to my scrapping needs.  That was the case with this fun two page layout, a sort of over view, of the cruise Doug and I took two years ago.  

Studio J is great in that you can use pre-designed layouts, or you can select the "paper" you want to use and build your own layout.  Or, as a third option, you can select your paper, select a layout, and then personalize the layout to suit your needs and taste.  I usually go with option three, which I did in this layout.




I started with the paper set "Tommy".  After uploading my photos, I edited the layout I chose to fit my photos and to taste.  Once I was happy with the photo placement, I began working on the layers and other elements on the layout.  For example, I knew I wanted the add the banner on the right page (below) and the text "30th Anniversary Cruise".  Studio J makes it easy to personalize you pages and layers.  And there are a variety of fonts for journaling.




I made a couple of close ups for you to see changes I made to the layout.  I recolored the large label shape and added the striped layer over the yellow layer.  I added the little direction arrows, the ship's wheel, and the ribbon at the bottom with words printed across it.


The photo below shows an up close of the banner, complete with edge stitching I added, and the title text.  you can also see that I "matted" the photo on gold card stock!




My friend Peggy has become a regular Studio J scrapper.  She loves how she can scrap on the go with her laptop and photos.  If you travel a lot this could be an especially good option for you.  When I was participating in LOAD 513 and had to make a layout every day in May, I used my Studio J quite a bit because we were traveling.  Studio J (and Panera Bread!) allowed me to complete all 31 layouts on time, even while on the road!

You can click on any of the photos to see them larger - but this photo below will look better than the one at the top of the post.



You can access Studio J through my on-line Close To My Heart Store by clicking on the title STUDIO J.

As a reminder, Bitten By the Bug 2 is holding a Design Team Call.  You have until Sunday, Sept 22 to submit an entry.  All of the details are on the BBTB2 blog.


I am offering a special for anyone who signs up to become a member of my Close To My Heart team:  


For a limited time only I am running a personal Join My Teamspecial.  Anyone who joins my CTMH team in the next week will receive half of the cost of their $50 starter kit back from me.  That's right, for the next week I am offering you the opportunity to receive $25 back via paypal after you sign up on my team.

If you would like more information about being a CTMH consultant, email me and I will give you a call.  Or go to my on-line store and read more about becoming a CTMH Consultant - HERE.

September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!

2 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

I love this layout !! I am also a traditional scrapbooker, but this layout is amazing !!!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Wow what an amazing layout Susan!! I love the bright colors in this layout and I swear it is hard to tell that it is a digital layout!!! Looks like you and Doug had a great time on your cruise. Me-uh yeah, you won't catch me in the middle of the ocean on a cruise boat. lol I know I'm missing out on a lot of fun, but can't get over my fear of the water. lol Hugs!