Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bright All Night Snowy Christmas Card


Hey-o everyone!  I hope you are all having a great week.  I have another Christmas card to share with you today.  Unlike my usual homemade cards, for this card I did not use the Cricut or the Silhouette Cameo.  I used my 12 inch paper trimmer, stamping, and an embossing folder.   I like to think that if Vincent Van Gogh had been a stamper instead of a painter that he would have created this snowy, snowy night card.


The stamp I used, above, is a new Close To My Heart HOSTESS stamp.  This stamp is titled BRIGHT ALL NIGHT.  That's right, CTMH now how a special line of stamps just for our hostesses.  They hostess is allowed to her hostess credit to "purchase" the exclusive Hostess only stamps.    If you are interested in receiving the one or more of the hostess only stamp sets, and you do not live in my area, remember that you can have an on-line gathering or a catalog gathering.  Just drop me an email and I can give you more details.



I really like the simplicity of the Bright All Night stamp.  One stamp and I have an entire card front.  I matched my ink and my card stock for this card.  I used CTMH Pacifica blue ink and Pacifica blue card stock, along with smooth white card stock.  I stamped the image on a white square and then I tore the edges to create a rough edge.  I used the finest tipped glue I own and added thin, thin lines of glue to the trees ans snowflakes on the stamped image.  I then dusted the top of the card with super-fine white glitter to add touches of sparkles to my trees and snow.

I cut a blue matting for under the stamped image.  Instead of tearing the blue card stock, I sanded the edges to rough them up a bit.  I added a white embossed paper strip and cream on white ribbon over the blue card stock, beside the stamped image.

I matted the blue rectangle onto an embossed rectangle of white card stock.  I add the entire card topper to a Pacifica blue card.






September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!


You can order your items through my on-line store HERE!

1 comment:

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful...fabulous design!!