Friday, August 23, 2013

Like a Rolling Stone....?


Yes, yes I really did borrow my title from Bob Dylan.  Somehow it seems fitting.  I have spent the last 36 hours in kidney stone purgatory praying for the stone to roll on out!   I am soooo thankful that this did not hit while I was in Charlotte last weekend.  Though having said that, I think my trip to Charlotte may have contributed to the stone.  I did not drink enough water over the weekend and once I realized that, it was too late.

The "attack" hit at bedtime on Wednesday night.  I call it an attack because it felt like something was attacking my body.  This was truly the worst kidney stone I have ever experienced!  And because I was home alone, I had to run through the list of those who I could call at midnight for an ER trip!!  What a night.  Anyway I am finally feeling better and hoping that if I live with a tumbler of water in my hand perhaps I can prevent this from every happening again!



In spite of all of that drama, I actually have a project to share with you... mostly because it was made several weeks ago.  I love this flip up owl easel card.  This is a cut at the Silhouette America store.  I may have added an extra layer, but over all the card is very representative of the original cut file.

After cutting and assembling the card, I added dots and dashes to embellish this simple but adorable card!




So you all know that I am loving the Artbooking Cartridge - even more than I thought I would.  If you are still sitting on the fence about purchasing Artbooking, I am giving you another look at the cartridge set and the specials for which you will be qualified with your purchase through my on-line store.


Let's "sweeten the deal":  Close To My Heart has decided that anyone who purchases $50+ worth of merchandise in the month of August will receive the August Stamp of the Month - A CHOCOLATE AFFAIR for FREE!  That's right - this stamp set is FREE when you order Artbooking.


Anyone who orders a cartridge through my on-line store in the month of August will go into the drawings for my special giveaways. 

The first prize winner (through random draw) will receive a brand new Cricut Expression.

The Second Prize winner will receive three additional CTMH Stamp sets that coordinate with Artbooking.


The Third Prize winner will receive the Frosted Paper Pack, or any CTMH paper pack - winner's choice.


Thanks for stopping by today.