Monday, August 26, 2013

Let's Get Wet!



Hey there!  Welcome to a Bitten By the Bug 2 Monday.  Can you believe it is end of August?  Sadly that means the end of Summer is quickly approaching.  My Design Team sister Michelle wanted us to take one more opportunity to enjoy the summer with some water fun!  Michelle is hosting this week's challenge - Let's Get Wet!  You are challenged to use any water themed Cricut cut on this week's project.



I found my Cricut water cuts on the CTMH Artbooking cartridge and used the wave frame and wave flourish cuts to create my beach front card.   I like this card and I like that every single cut on this card was created with the Artbooking cartridge.  I especially like the background water and sunset illusion.



The majority of the cuts I used can be viewed on pages 67 and 82 of the Artbooking handbook.  The background is on page 82 and the water frame, flourish and palm tree are on page 67.  I also used a sun cut and a circle from the cartridge.


After cutting the background blue color and all of the page elements, I cut 3/4 inch tall strips of sunset and water color card stock to place behind the chevron cuts.  I like the water and sky view created by the strips of card stock.

The tree was added in layers, as were the water flourishes.  The finishing touch on the card was the sun with the Artbooking title "fun & sun".


Please be sure to go by the BBTB2 blog and view the team's water fun projects.  I think Michelle's idea for "Let's Get Wet" was a wonderful idea for the end of summer!!



This is the last week to receive the August Stamp of the Month FREE when you place an order of $50 or more with Close To My Heart.  When you order the Artbooking cartridge you will receive the August Stamp of the Month as a bonus.

Also remember this is the last week to enter my August drawing.  Anyone who purchases a CTMH Cartridge through my on-line store will go into the drawing detailed below.



Let's "sweeten the deal":  Close To My Heart has decided that anyone who purchases $50+ worth of merchandise in the month of August will receive the August Stamp of the Month - A CHOCOLATE AFFAIR for FREE!  That's right - this stamp set is FREE when you order Artbooking.



Anyone who orders a cartridge through my on-line store in the month of August will go into the drawings for my special giveaways. 

The first prize winner (through random draw) will receive a brand new Cricut Expression.

The Second Prize winner will receive three additional CTMH Stamp sets that coordinate with Artbooking.


The Third Prize winner will receive the Frosted Paper Pack, or any CTMH paper pack - winner's choice.


Thanks for stopping by today. 

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Love your card Susan and that you made it with Artbooking.
I have lots of male birthdays for Sept so I think I may borrow your idea!
Hugs
Jayne x

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, this is so cool! I really like the sunset effect with the different papers you layered behind the the overlay! Very unique looking and awesome! This cartridge just looks like the bomb-I cannot wait to be able to get it!!!!!
:)
Michelle

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan I love this card!!! I love Artbooking!!!! lol Seriously this is a beautiful card, I love how you did the sunset, that is just pure genius! Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous, Susan. I love the background.

melanie said...

and you said you were struggling! This is fantastic! My favorite part is the multi-colored background!

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is so very beautiful Susan!! I so love the bg. And the palm tree, waves and sentiment sun are fabulous!! Awesomeness for sure!!!! :)

scootingranny said...

Very nice! Really shows the versatility of Artbooking!

Luria said...

Love this card Susan. It looks like so much fun I would love to try this one.

Luria