Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gift Box with Artbooking


Hello everyone!  This was supposed to be Tuesday's blog post, but instead you had Monday's leftovers.... I had oral surgery on Monday and it was a bit of a day killer.  The pain meds put me to sleep and I think that may have been a good thing!!  Yesterday was better, though I was still a bit sore.  Anyway, I am finally getting to share this Artbooking project with you!

We have all read and heard that CTMH Artbooking is a wonderful scrapbooking and book making cartridge.  And while that IS true, Artbooking is so much more than that!!  I decided to make this cute gift box as an example of what else you can do with Artbooking.




I used five different cuts from Artbooking to make this box.  I opened the cartridge in Cricut Craft room and selected this pretty background cut.  I sized the cut and then I selected the smaller version of the same cut.  I copied and pasted so that I cut two large and two small versions of the background.  I cut this in a light pink color.

Next I used "edit" and removed all of the shapes from inside the background piece frames.  I ended up with four rectangles.  I bumped the shapes together - large, small, large, small - and then I welded.  I enlarged the welded shapes by 1/8th inch and I cut the box base in white.  I then glued the pink backgrounds onto the white box.


Next I selected the two layer flower cuts. I copied and pasted to create two sizes of flowers.  I edited the larger layer and removed all of the inside cuts.  I then cut this piece in pink print card stock.  I used colors of pink to cut the other flower layers.  After gluing the flowers together and shaping, I added gems to bling my flowers.


The final cut was the label for the bottom front of the box.  Again I copied and pasted the basic tag and edited the white copy to remove all inside cuts.  I wanted the white background.

This is just one example of what you do with the Artbooking cartridge.  I have so many other ideas and will be sharing those ideas with you over the coming weeks.  If you are still sitting on the fence about purchasing Artbooking, I am giving you another look at the cartridge set and the specials for which you will be qualified with your purchase through my on-line store.



Let's "sweeten the deal":  Close To My Heart has decided that anyone who purchases $50+ worth of merchandise in the month of August will receive the August Stamp of the Month - A CHOCOLATE AFFAIR for FREE!  That's right - this stamp set is FREE when you order Artbooking.



Anyone who orders a cartridge through my on-line store in the month of August will go into the drawings for my special giveaways. 

The first prize winner (through random draw) will receive a brand new Cricut Expression.


The Second Prize winner will receive three additional CTMH Stamp sets that coordinate with Artbooking.

The Third Prize winner will receive the Frosted Paper Pack, or any CTMH paper pack - winner's choice.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back with a new project tomorrow!!



1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow, your box is amazing. I really love those flowers also. You really thought "outside the box"!