Monday, August 12, 2013

Football Super Star


Hello everyone!  Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday.  Today our talented and lovely Design Team sister Julie has selected the challenge cut for the week.  Julie chose Moon and/or Stars.  Each team member has used a Cricut cut moon and/or star on their project for this week.


I thought about going with a baby motif, but in the end I decided to be a bit different and I chose this fun FOOTBALL layout.  I used the Close To My Heart Artbooking cartridge and the Close To My Heart Proplayer card stock set to craft my layout.   The Proplayer set is a video game line of paper, but I thought the colors would work great on this football layout too.


The adorable little player featured on this layout is Sam - Samantha Gordon!  Samantha is a little super-star (which is perfect for the Star challenge) who actually played peewee football AND actually had her photo on the Wheaties box.  Go Sam!



I cut the great Go Team backgrounds at 11 inches wide. I cut two of the cute banners for the top of the page and using the Tim Holtz staple tool, I attached the banners to the page.  Two pieces of ribbon were added to the banners.  Using the Tim Holtz tool, the same ribbon was also attached across the page.  


All of the coordinating frames and embellishments, even the football, were cut with the Artbooking cartridge.  This cartridge makes Scrapbooking so fast and easy!

You are going to love the variety of projects that the Bitten By the Bug 2 team designed this week.   Their varied use of the moon and/or star cuts is awesome!  Please do go by the BBTB2 blog and check out all of the talent.  Also, remember, we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge!  Please read the rules on the BBTB2 side bar and join us in this week's challenge!



You know that I am loving the Artbooking Cartridge - even more than I thought I would.  If you are still sitting on the fence about purchasing Artbooking, I am giving you another look at the cartridge set and the specials for which you will be qualified with your purchase through my on-line store.


Let's "sweeten the deal":  Close To My Heart has decided that anyone who purchases $50+ worth of merchandise in the month of August will receive the August Stamp of the Month - A CHOCOLATE AFFAIR for FREE!  That's right - this stamp set is FREE when you order Artbooking.



Anyone who orders a cartridge through my on-line store in the month of August will go into the drawings for my special giveaways. 

The first prize winner (through random draw) will receive a brand new Cricut Expression.

The Second Prize winner will receive three additional CTMH Stamp sets that coordinate with Artbooking.


The Third Prize winner will receive the Frosted Paper Pack, or any CTMH paper pack - winner's choice.


Thanks for stopping by today. 



12 comments:

melanie said...

Love this layout! I have been thinking about making a sports layout using this cartridge and now I have some good inspiration to pull from!

Stephanie said...

Such a cute layout. I just love it. Fabulous papers.

Jayne said...

Wow! Amazing LO. I have just been devouring every cut you've used from Artbooking! It really is a versatile cart.
Hugs
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Oh Susan this layout is fabulous!! I love the die cuts from AB and I love the cut pics of Samantha!! Way to go Samantha!! Hugs!

Caroline said...

This layout is just amazing. I really love the design of the layout and just everything about it!!! Mine never look this fabulous!!

Sharon said...

This is awesome Susan!!! Love it! The photos are fabulous! :)

Carole Beath said...

Awesome layout...love those papers and those lovely bright and cheery colors.
Hugs
Carole

Lolis Flores said...

Amazing! Love your pictures!

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a fun layout. Go Sam is right! Sorry I've been MIA Not enough hours in the day. xxD

Scrapping Girl said...

So hoping to get this cart for my birthday!!!!! Loving all your projects with it!!!!!!
Michelle

DIANA L. said...

Great layout wonderful inspiration Have a great weekend my friend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

Absolutely fabulous layout Susan, Iam loving all the fabulous cuts you'v used from the Artbooking cartridge! I have cart envy lol but at the moment all my funds are being spent on Connor, he has chosen to go on to Graphic Design at college and equopment is soo expensive so for now I will just ooh and aah over your wonderful projects!
Hugs
Juliexx