Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day of School with Artbooking



Hello everyone.  I am hosting this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  I have selected a Cricut School bus as the challenge cut.  You must use a Cricut cut School Bus on your project.  The Design Team did a fabulous job on their School Bus projects so be sure to head over to BBTB2 after you are finished here and check out the team's projects.


I made a layout for this week featuring a back to school theme - First Day.  I used two cartridges to create this layout - CTMH Artbooking and My Community.  I cut the sun backgrounds (large and smaller), the photo mats, and the phrase "First Day" using Artbooking.

The school bus and pencil were cut using the My Community cartridge.  I liked the fun multi-layer school bus on this cartridge and I though the pencil was a perfect little embellishment for this layout.


I really like the details on the photo frames and the background of the layout.  There are are so many photo mats and frames on Artbooking that it is easy to find fun frames to use on your layouts.



For the photo mats on the right page, I welded three frames together in Cricut Craft Room to create a wide rectangle to hold three photos.

The little student in the lower corner of my page is also from the My Community cartridge.  He look so cute waiting for the bus to pick him up for his first day!



As I said above, I used only two cartridges to create this layout and one of them is Artbooking, the new Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridge.  Artbooking is available exclusively from your Close To My Heart consultant.  If you do not have a CTMH consultant, I would love to be YOUR consultant!

I am going to remind you again what comes in your Artbooking bundle:  Three fabulous stamp sets.... I truly love this first stamp set.  Three large sheet of coordinating chipboard sheets and the cartridge manual, overlay, and cartridge.




Let's "sweeten the deal":  Close To My Heart has decided that anyone who purchases $50+ worth of merchandise in the month of August will receive the August Stamp of the Month - A CHOCOLATE AFFAIR for FREE!  That's right - this stamp set is FREE when you order Artbooking.



Anyone who orders a cartridge through my on-line store in the month of August will go into the drawings for my special giveaways. 

The first prize winner (through random draw) will receive a brand new Cricut Expression.




The Second Prize winner will receive three additional CTMH Stamp sets that coordinate with Artbooking.





The Third Prize winner will receive the Frosted Paper Pack, or any CTMH paper pack - winner's choice.


.
Are you interested in making money, purchasing your crafting supplies at a discount, and using some of the best products on the market?  Consider joining my CTMH team...  For only $49 you can become a consultant 


 Sign up to be a Close To My Heart consultant on my team you can purchase Artbooking at a discounted price.  In addition to the Basic Consultant Kit (above), when you join my team you will also be able to purchase the Master Consultant Kit (below).  It includes everything in the basic kit plus the additional items in the photo, for only $99.00.





9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!!

melanie said...

Love it! You did a great job! I do not think I have ever seen that school bus. I have to file that one away in my brain for later.

Tara Bruening said...

Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Back To School” Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Caroline said...

I just love your layout! This is such a cute bus from the Community cartridge. I love the little pencil and little boy. Artbooking looks like a great scrapbooking cartridge!

Sharon said...

This is fantastic Susan!! I love the school bus, the little boy and the great papers you used!! :)

Stephanie said...

Fabulous layout, Susan. Love the photo mats. Great school bus and I love that little pencil.

Scrapping Girl said...

Loving what you are doing with the Artbooking cartridge Susan-the background and photo mats look so cool! And your little student and his bus look ready for that first day! I can't believe my guys start back next week-I really don't know where the summer went!
:)
Michelle

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh Susan, this layout is adorable!!! I am so loving the frames, borders and titles on Artbooking!! The little guy, bus and pencil are just perfect from My Community! Thanks for a fun challenge my friend! Hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous job on these layouts! The background is awesome and love all the cuts:)
What a fun challenge!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com