Monday, July 22, 2013

It's Time for a Beach Party


Happy Monday everyone, are you ready for a Beach Party?  This week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge is the theme BEACH TIME and was selected by our wonderfully talented Caroline!  Caroline thought these dog days of summer would be a perfect time to visit the beach... Even if only on paper.  With that in mind, the design team came up with some super-fun beach designs to share with you.


I used two cartridges to create this tiki bar beach scene card, Luau and Formal Occasion.   The Tiki bar was cut using Luau and blinged out  with gems and aqua pearl brads. I used a branch punch and two different pieces of double sided card stock to create the thatch roof.



 I added a tiki torch and tropical flowers to the scene to brighten the card a bit, along with the two palm trees cut from Formal Occasion. The flowers were cut in red print card card with a yellow under layer.  I added a CTMH sparkle gem to the center of each flower.  The tiki torch was also cut in two colors and red ink was added to the flames.   The background is done with aqua and teal card stock to represent the ocean and the evening sky.


I know it seems like I have been ignoring my blog lately, and I suppose I have.  I have had changes happening at home that have effected my productivity.  I previously shared with you that our adorable dog Duncan had surgery a week and a half ago.  Duncan is still living in the cone of shame as we wait for his 2.5 inch incision to heal.  I do have good news on Duncan's surgery - the pathology report came back as cancer free so that made us very happy.  We go back to the vet today and I am so hoping that Duncan can come out of his cone soon.

The other big change at home deals with Doug.  Doug was laid off from his senior management position last September and he has spent the last 10 months job hunting.  Last Monday was Doug's first day at his new job!!!  He is still a senior manager, in fact he has more responsibility than before, but last week was a big change.  Doug also has a much further drive to work.  But all of that aside, I am very proud of him and very thankful for the new job!!!  It has been a long 10 months.  Starting today, Doug will be spending some nights away from home depending on his location.  So that too will be another adjustment for the three of us (Doug, Duncan and I), but I feel we will all adjust, if not exactly embrace the changes.

Anyway all of the drama effected my creating and writing mojo and I neglected the blog.  Hopefully I will adjust to my new schedule and get back to posting.


Thank you all for stopping by today and thank you for reading this far!! Ha.  I hope that you take time to pop by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out this week's beachy projects.  We would truly like for you to join us and create your own beach project.  Just follow the rules posted on the BBTB2 sidebar and link back to your blog.


 Close to my Heart  monthly specials !  First, the fabulous Stamp of the Month - Sweet Life.  I love this wonderful orchard themed stamp set.  The fruit images are lovely and the sentiments are darling!





July Customer Special - 

This month's customer special is a lot of fun!  The Workshop on the Go Canvas art kit is 50% off this month only!


Get the discounted Workshops on the Go® canvas art kit in July—no qualifying purchase required! From July 1 to July 31 you can get this trendy kit to create your own canvas art to hang in your home, regularly priced at $39.95, now discounted to $19.95—more than 50% off! Take papercrafting to the next level with this adorable home d├ęcor piece that you can display for all to see.
Dates: Offer valid July 1–July 31, 2013.


Fall/Winter Catalogs - 



The new catalogs were delivered to my house yesterday and I will begin shipping them out shortly.  If you would like a copy of the all new catalog/idea book use the link in the upper right corner and I will add you to my shipping list.

There are so many wonderful new products and you are going to be so pleased with what CTMH has come out with.  Over the next few weeks I will be sharing more images of new products with you.

And remember if you do not want to have to wait until August to purchase your new products, you can JOIN MY TEAM and become a CTMH Consultant.  Two of the best things about being a CTMH consultant are: 1) we can purchase all new products a month before they go public and 2) we always get a discount on our purchases!!!  Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about being a Close To My Heart Consultant.



Close To My Heart is releasing their third Cricut Cartridge - the all new and all Fabulous ARTBOOKING on August 1st.  This is a cartridge, stamp, chipboard bundle retailing for $99.



ONLY 10 days till you can order your copy of Artbooking!!




10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fab scene!!!

Jayne said...

Hi MFS! Wonderful tiki bar scene and love the thatched roof.
Good luck to Doug in his new job and I know you will cope well with the upcoming changes!
Hugs
Jayne

Carole Beath said...

ah, Hawaii setting in all its splendor. Take me there.
Hugs
Carole

Brenda said...

I love this whole tropical scene on this card! The tiki bar looks amazing, that branch punch made for an amazing thatched roof!! Love the tiki torch, so awesome with the flames!! Love all the bling and love the ocean and night sky!!! I am really happy that Duncan doesn't have cancer and hope he can be rid of the cone soon! I am also very happy that Doug has found a new job, how exciting!! I also can so relate to having to get used to having your spouse gone some, that is never easy even when you are used to it. But things will get to a new normal before you know it! And the good thing...you have Duncan to keep you company!! Hugs!!

Stephanie said...

Lots of good news for you and your family. Some adjustments but could mean more crafting time. Yippee!
I LOVE this beachy scene. Every detail, especially that roof. I think that MS punch is probably the most used one for most of us.

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh Susan, I wish your tiki bar was real so I could visit it-it looks so cool! Love the bling and the roof is amazing! I hope Duncan continues to heal and that you all get used to the new routine.

Sharon said...

Double WOW!!!! This is amazing Susan!!! I am so loving this card!!! The hut is most fabulous! And the tiki torch is great. Love the trees and flowers, too.
Hope all is well with Duncan and that he got to get rid of his cone.
:)

Caroline said...

This card is just fabulous. I love the thatched roof on your tiki hut. This took a lot of work!! Such pretty bright colors and papers. Good luck to your husband and family on his new job. Hope it all works out well for you.

DIANA L. said...


This is so Amazaing the colors are fantastic and the hut roof is incredible you did an anaweome job on the whole card!! I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Party
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan your card is FABULOUS and so full of wionderful colur and detail! Love it!
Huge congrats to Douglas on his new job too
Hugs
Juliexx