Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fun and Busy Week



Hey-O everyone. Last week was a fun, but busy week!  I know that my blog suffered from lack of posting, but it was not because I wasn't crafting!

A week ago Monday MFP, my friend Pat, and I got together to design a bridal shower favor box for her niece's shower.  We used the TIE THE KNOT cartridge along with Cricut Craft Room and designed these cute wedding dress boxes.




On Tuesday Pat came back over and we cut 58 boxes, skirt overlays, and daisy's.  While I used the Cricut to complete the cuts, Pat scored the cut wedding dress boxes.  We took a time out for a wonderful lunch and then went back to our tasks.


On Wednesday MFT, my friend Toby, had "the girls" over for a two day crop.  I could not begin to tell you how much Toby spoiled us, but I will say that Toby is a wonderful hostess and a wonderful time was had by all!  And far too many calories were consumed!!  


Several of us spent the first half of Wednesday completing Pat's wedding shower favor boxes.  Using JADED BLOSSOM wedding stamps, I stamped the skirt overlay.  Two other friends assembled the boxes and attached the skirts.  We then tied the ribbon around the boxes... Which matches MUCH better than the photo makes it appear.  Once the daisies were attached to the waist of the dresses, Pat used a pearl pen to add the bodice pearls.


Using the Jaded Blossom wedding candy stamps, I stamped the wedding statements onto strips of white paper.  Pat used a 3/4 inch diameter punch and punched out the sentiments for the bottoms of candy kisses.  The kisses will fill the shower boxes.


Below is an example of the embellished kisses.


This is a photo of half of the scrapping girls in attendance at Toby's house.  Toby is the lovely lady smiling over her shoulder.


This beauty is Toby's daughter, Shelly.  Shelly was a delight.  Not only did she spend two days with the older ladies, she cleaned up after us!  What a doll!


Jan and Susan - one posing the other ignoring!!


Here is Toby holding her Ott light after I embellished it with vinyl.


This is a close up of Toby's light.  If it seems odd that we embellished Toby's light, I should tell you that at least 5 of us have the same lamp.  The vinyl embellishment will help us tell which light belongs to which scrapper!


In addition to the wedding shower favors and Toby's light, I made two tumblers, six scrapbook pages, a cute card, and a darling purse.  I guess I had better go photograph some of that so that I have more projects to post this week!!


CLOSE TO MY HEART

There is so much going on at Close to my Heart this month - you may be overwhelmed!  First, the fabulous Stamp of the Month - Sweet Life.  I love this wonderful orchard themed stamp set.  The fruit images are lovely and the sentiments are darling!





July Customer Special - 

This month's customer special is a lot of fun!  The Workshop on the Go Canvas art kit is 50% off this month only!


Get the discounted Workshops on the Go® canvas art kit in July—no qualifying purchase required! From July 1 to July 31 you can get this trendy kit to create your own canvas art to hang in your home, regularly priced at $39.95, now discounted to $19.95—more than 50% off! Take papercrafting to the next level with this adorable home d├ęcor piece that you can display for all to see.
Dates: Offer valid July 1–July 31, 2013.


Fall/Winter Catalogs - 


The new catalogs were delivered to my house yesterday and I will begin shipping them out shortly.  If you would like a copy of the all new catalog/idea book use the link in the upper right corner and I will add you to my shipping list.

There are so many wonderful new products and you are going to be so pleased with what CTMH has come out with.  Over the next few weeks I will be sharing more images of new products with you. 

And remember if you do not want to have to wait until August to purchase your new products, you can JOIN MY TEAM and become a CTMH Consultant.  Two of the best things about being a CTMH consultant are: 1) we can purchase all new products a month before they go public and 2) we always get a discount on our purchases!!!  Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about being a Close To My Heart Consultant.



Close To My Heart is releasing their third Cricut Cartridge - the all new and all Fabulous ARTBOOKING on August 1st.  This is a cartridge, stamp, chipboard bundle retailing for $99.



1 comment:

Kate said...

This is really CUTE. Love it.