Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dancing the Night Away



Hello everyone!  Last year Doug and I, along with our friends Nick and Peggy, took dance lessons for several months.  I have had the photos sitting around for a year just waiting for me to do something with them.  During May, when I was doing the LayOut A Day (LOAD 513) I finally scrapped our dance lesson experience.


Doug's lovely Aunt Pat and Uncle Johnny came for an impromptu visit during the time frame of our lessons and it turned out to be a great visit.  Not only did we enjoy their company, but they also went to dance class with us one night and Aunt Pat snapped several photographs.   In other words, she documented our experience!


Our first public appearance as a dance couple came when my friend Kathy's son was married.  Doug and I were still a bit stiff, but we so enjoyed ourselves, tying out our steps, dancing the night away!  


I used Close To My Heart Studio J to digitally scrap these two pages.  I now that some of you do not like digital scrapbooking, and I confess that I miss the textures, layers and "feel" of the pages when I use Studio J.  But if you need to create digital pages, I will say that hands down Studio J is the best program I have used.  It is so user friendly.



The Duncan update is that the Vet said although Duncan is healing very well and he does not have to return to the vet for another check, he needs to wear his cone for another week.  I don't know who was more upset about that, Duncan or me.  My legs are pretty bruised from that cone.  Duncan has no concept of his spacial limits and hits the cone on everything - especially me!!  



2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love this layout Susan!! Looks like you and Doug were having a fabulous time taking these dance lessons!! I took dance lessons way back when I was a teen, it was very fun!! Hugs!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan what a beautiful layout! You are such a wonderful couple! so glad little Duncan is recovering well and hope your bruise legs get better soon too!
Hugs
Juliexx