Monday, July 29, 2013

Christmas In July with Artbooking & BBTB2



Brrrr - It's Christmas in July at Bitten By The Bug 2!  Can't you just feel the icy winds blowing and see the lights shimming on the snow?  No, me neither, but that didn't stop me from crafting a COOL Christmas card using the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge!

I added snowflakes and frost to my photos to help you get in that winter frame of mind.  My delightful and talented British Design Team Sister at BBTB2, Jayne, selected this week's challenge cut theme: Christmas in July.  I do not know how the rest of us missed this obvious challenge, so way to go Jayne!


I used one of the small book pages to make the front of my card (there are a ton of small book pages on the Artbooking cartridge - for all holidays and various shapes).  I like the ornament cut.  I cut a green background and then cut the top a second time in gold glitter cart stock.  The gold ornaments were glued over the original cut to create a top layer.  The ornaments were blinged and shimmered.

I cut a double layer tag, also from Artbooking, and stamped the Merry Christmas (CTMH stamp) sentiment onto the tag.  I finished the card by running a red ribbon through the small book holes on the front of the card.

When Artbooking becomes available in Cricut Craft Room, I will be able to edit out any holes I do not want to cut - but in this case the holes worked well with the ribbon.



Be sure to go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog this week and check out the great Christmas project the design created.  They did a fabulous job getting into the Christmas Spirit!

Today is July 29 and that means it is only three days until you too can purchase your copy of the Artbooking cartridge.    Artbooking becomes available for purchase on August 1st.


Close To My Heart decided to sweeten the deal on Artbooking and for the month of August only, the Stamp of the Month will be available for free with a $50.00 purchase - that means it is free with your copy Artbooking cartridge!!


And because I hate to be out done by Close To My Heart, I have a special going in August also:

Anyone who orders a Cricut Cartridge from me in the month of August will go into a drawing for a brand new Cricut Expression!  How great would it be to have a second expression to take to crops, to use as a back up, or to share with a friend?  


10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!!

Carole Beath said...

Oh snap, this is Christmas in all its glory. In this 100+heat I am trying hard to feel the cool but....
Love your card.
Hugs
Carole

Beckie said...

That card is sooo pretty. I love how you pictured it with the snow. :D

Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
Join me for a Just Because Linky Party on August 1st.

Stephanie said...

Susan, this is gorgeous. Looks like something in a magazine.

Sharon said...

This is absolutely beautiful Susan!!! I am so in love with this card. The paper, the ornaments, the sentiment, the ribbon!! Awesomeness for sure!!!!!! :)

Brenda said...

Oh my Susan, this card is stunning! Who would have know that it was from the Artbooking cart?!! I love seeing what all can be done with this cart!! Hugs!

Caroline said...

What a cool effect on your pic of your card. Love it. I enjoyed seeing a project with this new cartridge. Those ornaments are so pretty and I love the card shape.

Jayne said...

Love,love,love your card MFS! The papers and cuts are amazing and I agree with Steph, it does look out of the pages of a magazine.
Fab snow effect... I thought it was snow covered acetate at first!
Hugs
YFJ x

Pamela MacKay said...

Fantastic Christmas card! Absolutely love your design and color combination!

Scrapping Girl said...

Love your added snow effect to the pictures-I felt cool and frosty! This looks publication perfect Susan-it all goes together so well and is SOOOO pretty!
Michelle