Monday, July 15, 2013

BBTB2 Ice Cream Challenge with Artbooking


Hello everyone!  What a week I have had!  My sweet dog Duncan had surgery last week to remove a cyst from his "arm" (aka front left leg).  Duncan is recovering nicely, however he has been bandaged shoulder to toe and is not as mobile as normal. He did well about leaving the bandage alone until last night.  So now he is sporting the cone of shame!   He has needed a lot of extra attention and has taken up a lot of my scrapping time!!  Finally last night I slipped away and found time to create my Bitten by the Bug 2 project AND to use my new Close To My Heart Artbooking cartridge for the first time!




My sweet and talented Design Team sister, Brenda, chose this week's Cricut challenge at BBTB2.  Brenda challenged us to use an ice cream cut in honor of Nation Ice Cream Month.  I have not been doing my part to celebrate the month, so I feel that I have some making up to do!!  In the meantime, I went ahead and made a layout for our next trip to Marble Slab Creamery!


I used three cartridges to create this layout, Close To My Heart Artbooking, Kate's ABCs, and Indie Art.  I was so excited to use one of the fun background cuts on Artbooking that I did not think too much further into my layout planning.  I cut the heart banner piece and the two stamped arrow pieces with Artbooking, and then moved on to ice cream.

I used Kate's ABC's to cut the ice cream sundae and the I is for Ice Cream title.  I used scissors and removed the words "is for" from the title.  I added the heart banner making the new title I heart ice cream.  I used Indie Art to create the ice cream cone on the right page.




After assembling the ice cream and title cuts, I moved on to the photo and journaling mats.  I used a selection of Close To My Heart card stock and special card stock to create the matting and journal areas.  I then stamped the journal area with a stamp from the Artbooking cartridge.


I added ribbon and doodles to to finish the layout.  Now if I only had the photos... and the real ice cream!!!

At BBTB2 we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  Brenda's ice cream challenge should be a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The count down for the release of the Artbooking cartridge is 17 days.  In 17 days you will be able to add Artbooking to your Cricut cartridge library!!


There is so much going on at Close to my Heart this month - you may be overwhelmed!  First, the fabulous Stamp of the Month - Sweet Life.  I love this wonderful orchard themed stamp set.  The fruit images are lovely and the sentiments are darling!





July Customer Special - 

This month's customer special is a lot of fun!  The Workshop on the Go Canvas art kit is 50% off this month only!


Get the discounted Workshops on the Go® canvas art kit in July—no qualifying purchase required! From July 1 to July 31 you can get this trendy kit to create your own canvas art to hang in your home, regularly priced at $39.95, now discounted to $19.95—more than 50% off! Take papercrafting to the next level with this adorable home d├ęcor piece that you can display for all to see.
Dates: Offer valid July 1–July 31, 2013.


Fall/Winter Catalogs - 



The new catalogs were delivered to my house yesterday and I will begin shipping them out shortly.  If you would like a copy of the all new catalog/idea book use the link in the upper right corner and I will add you to my shipping list.

There are so many wonderful new products and you are going to be so pleased with what CTMH has come out with.  Over the next few weeks I will be sharing more images of new products with you.

And remember if you do not want to have to wait until August to purchase your new products, you can JOIN MY TEAM and become a CTMH Consultant.  Two of the best things about being a CTMH consultant are: 1) we can purchase all new products a month before they go public and 2) we always get a discount on our purchases!!!  Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about being a Close To My Heart Consultant.



Close To My Heart is releasing their third Cricut Cartridge - the all new and all Fabulous ARTBOOKING on August 1st.  This is a cartridge, stamp, chipboard bundle retailing for $99.





9 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is fabulous, Susan. Love ALL the cuts. I can't wait to get Artbooking. Love the background and the vivid colors. Will look great with photos.

snappy scrappy said...

Sweet LO!

Jayne said...

Poor Duncan! He did well leaving the bandage alone for a week!! Hope he's up and running around soon.
Love your LO Susan. I have just been drooling over the new cuts you used and then scrolled down to see the fab stamps that go with it.
Can't wait to see more!
Hugs
Jayne x

Carole Beath said...

What a wonderful LO, Susan. Ah, poor Duncan. My 2 Springer spaniels had to deal with cysts now and then. You get well quick, Duncan, ya hear?
Hugs
Carole

Scrapping Girl said...

I was so excited to see your layout with the Artbooking cuts! It looks great!!!! This is one I really want-just wish it was a bit less expensive, but it looks super cool! Hope Duncan heals and can get rid of the "cone of shame" quickly, lol :)
Michelle

Caroline said...

Your layout is fabulous. I love the paper and colors! The ice cream looks good and am excited to see a project with the new Artbooking cartridge. Hope Duncan is his back to his usual self, soon.

Sharon said...

Poor Duncan!!! Bless his heart!
I love your layout pages!! The cuts and the papers are fabulous! :)

melanie said...

This cartridge is a winner for sure! I love the chevrons! Beautiful!

Tara Bruening said...

Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Summer” Linky Party.
Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's