Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wedding Pages for Ian's Scrapbook

(click on the photo to enlarged)

Hello everyone.  Today I am back to scrapping Dane and Megan's wedding.  Last fall our family attended Dane and Megan's wedding at a lovely southern plantation.  Our older son, Aaron, was a groomsman, while the rest of our family were guests.  The wedding was so beautiful.... and so was the bride.

Previously I have shared layouts I made for the "family" scrapbook - click here to see - and pages from Aaron's scrapbook, but I also scrapped a couple of pages for Ian and Bethany's books also.  Sometimes I feel like I am scrapping the same events numerous times, and I guess I am, but each set of layouts feature a different family member and will go into that person's scrapbook.   All of that being said, these pages are for Ian's scrapbook.



This was a quick and easy double page layout in that I used many elements from a Quick Quotes kit.... The papers, swirls, butterflies, vellum quote, and circles were from QQ.  I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut the flowers on the page to coordinate with the kit.  I was not crazy about all of the other kit embellishments, so I made my own.




I cut the flowers in three layers - the golden bottom layer, the light yellow and white print outline layer, and the blue print centers.  I chose those colors to blend with the colors in the kit. I also cut a selection of green leaves.  I added my flowers and my own layout to the precut parts of the QQ kit.



These flowers were purchased though the Silhouette America store and are super easy to cut and assemble. I honestly had no idea they would be this fabulous looking when completed.  I cannot wait the use this cut again soon.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you like the flowers as much as I did.  I will be back with a new project to share tomorrow.



4 comments:

L.B. said...

what a beautiful layout. love the flowers trimmed in the paterned paper

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful design and those flowers are gorgeous! xxD

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful layout Susan! I love the color combo and all the elements on these two pages! Fabulous pics too!! Hugs!