Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Fun BBTB2 Challenge



Hello everyone!  Are you ready for a bit of Summer Fun crafting inspiration?  This week at BBTB2 we are not having our usual weekly challenge, we are having a week of inspiration only.  

My Summer Fun Inspiration project is all about baseball!  I am so ready for Doug to Take Me Out to the Ball Park!  We have not been to see the Braves (closest MLB team) play for a few seasons and this just might be the year!!  

I used to Cricut Cartridges to create this card - Baseball and Block Party.  I used Cricut Craft Room to design the card and to created the welded Jersey card.    I welded two of the shadow cuts to create the black base card.  I cut the jersey top in a white and blue pinstripe paper. I two additional white jerseys - one for inside the card - and one to trim down to use as the placket in the front of the jersey.  



I trimmed out the placket with red shimmer trim.  I added the trim to the sleeves also.

The baseball bat was cut in two layers of wood print card stock.  I inked the edges before gluing the bat to the jersey.

I cut the Play Ball title from the Baseball cartridge.  It is a three layer cut.  I used pop dots to pop the title on the jersey chest.


The hot dog and soda are from Block Party.  The hot dog is such a fun cut with it's layers... It even includes a mustard line!

The glass of soda was cut with in silver metallic card stock with a black shadow.  The soda in the glass was cut using a Shimmer Sheet - cola colored! - supplied to me by MFK.  Kathy rightly thought the glossy shimmer sheet would look great as cola.  I used pop dots to place the soda and hot dog onto the jersey.


This will be a great summer birthday card for a fun little guy in my life - a baseball loving guy!

Please do go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the fantastic Summer Fun projects my Design Sisters have created for you.  Be prepared to be totally wowed!



Remember that this is the last week to order the Close To My Heart June Stamp of the Month.  Also be sure to check out the products that will be discontinued at the end of July listed in the post immediately below this one!

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my Take Me Out to the Ball Park project!


10 comments:

Creative M said...

TOTALLY Cute & COOL!!My other half LOVES this!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!

lovemypaper said...

Very cute!

DonnaMundinger said...

You've totally captured the spirit of the game, Susan. Love this! xxD

Stephanie said...

This is fabulous, Susan. The hotdog and soda look real and delicious. You make me want to go to a ballgame.

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! This is totally awesome Susan!!! I love it!! The jersey shape, the hotdog, the bat and the soda. All totally awesome!!!! :)

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this is one awesome card!! Baseball, hot dogs and soda-it just screams SUMMER!!! Love it!! Hugs!

Jayne said...

Well MFS you knocked the ball out of the park with this one!
I love the shape and all the great cuts.
Hugs
Jayne x

Scrapping Girl said...

The hot dog looks good enough to eat! And the shimmer sheet behind the cola-perfect!!! This looks so fun and totally makes me think of a major league game at the stadium! :)
Michelle

Cindy Vernon said...

Hi, I love your project and will be showcasing it on this week's FCCB Scrappin' on Saturday!
Cindy