Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mom's Birthday Layout #1


Hello everyone.  I am back with another two page layout to share - this one features photos from my mom's 75th birthday party last year.  I have been procrastinating about scrapping these photos for nearly 18 months.  The problem was not the photos, the problem was my inability to find paper that suited the photos and party colors. 


MFK, my friend Kathy, suggested that I might need to see a counselor over my inability to scrap the photos - ha!  Showed her!!! :)  During our trip to Scrapbook Creations (in Spartanburg, SC) Kathy and I were discussing my block regarding these photos and she suggested I look at everything in the store.... And 3/4 of the way around the store, there it was!  The perfect line of card stock and embellishments!!!  I was so happy I had taken the photos with me and SO HAPPY to have found this great line of paper!


I plan for these two pages to be pages two and three of the Mom's 75th Birthday album.  I still have to make a cover page.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to create many of the elements used on these two pages:  The dotted background matting, the flourishes, the 75th, the white doily and of course the Happy Birthday title.


The Happy Birthday banner is one of Miss Kate's Cuttables, but it is available in the Silhouette store which makes it cheaper (especially with a subscription) than at Kate's site.  I love the triple layer balloons - each balloon has a white base layer, a lighter color middle and a coordinating darker layer on top.  Once again, in case you were not paying attention.... I LOVE THESE BALLOONS.  I actually love this entire title piece.  I especially want for you to notice how delicate the balloon strings are - and YES, they too were cut with the Cameo... Seriously! This impressed even me.


So hooray!  I have finally started scrapping my mom's birthday from last year!  At the rate I was going I was afraid we were going to be celebrating her 80th  before I scrapped her 75th!!





3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful LO!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well worth the wait for the perfect paper, Susan! Truly gorgeous and so is your Mom. Love how the pink pops. Been trying to catch up a bit. Kept thinking how close we were while we were in Atlanta last weekend. xxD

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, this is such a cheery and fun layout Susan!! I love the papers and the color combo, that pink really pops, but love the soft colors that are in there too! The "happy birthday" is so fun with those beautiful balloons! As always your layout rocks!! Hugs!