Monday, June 17, 2013

Lemonade Stand with BBTB2


Hello everyone.  Get ready to pucker up for this fun Lemonade Stand card!  It is Monday and that means it is Bitten by the Bug 2 day.  This week's challenge is being hosted by my lovely Design Team sister, Stephanie. Stephanie has selected a theme cut for this week - Summer Foods.  I thought this was such a fun idea and I could have gone in so many directions, but I decided that since I love lemonade I would go with a Lemonade Stand card!


I used two cartridges to create this card:  Just Because Cards and Art Philosophy.  I cut the glasses of lemonade with their garnish and straws from Just Because Cards.   I used a Art Philosophy to cut the cute Lemonade tag and the shapes to build my lemonade stand.  

To create the awning, using Cricut Craft Room, I resided a basic shape to make it longer and thinner and cut the shape in two different colors of printed card stock.  I scored both edges of the awning pieces and glued them to my top of the white base card.  I added a strip of scrap card stock behind the middle section of the awning as a stabilizer to keep the awning sections even. 



I cut a rectangle of subtle dotted card stock to be the stand background, attaching it just below the awning.   I welded a scalloped edge to a basic rectangle to create the bottom front of the stand.  I scored below the scallop line to make the table top, then attached the stand front to the dot background.  The lemonades were attached so that they sit on the table top.



Using Art Philosophy I cut the tag and letters for my lemonade price sign.  I purposefully tilted the letters.  I finished the card with a few doodles and the twine bow.

I think Stephanie selected a great cut theme and I hope you decided to join us this week at BBTB2.  Create your NEW summer food project and link to the original post at BBTB2.  Be sure to link back to the site from your blog and tell us which cartridges you used.





Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge set includes the Cricut Cartridge with over 500+ images, three sets of stamps that coordinate with the cartridge and three large sheets of chip board shapes. 

CLOSE TO MY HEART

There are three specials this month:
  • The June Stamp of the Month
  • Make it a Banner Day  SOLD OUT
  • Oklahoma Tornado Relief Fund
  • Patriot Stamp sets

STAMP OF THE MONTH:

JUNE 2013: A FLOWERING BUNCH (S1306A)

This stamp set coordinates with the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.

SPEND $50 AND GET THIS STAMP OF THE MONTH SET FOR JUST $5.



Available June 1-30 only




A TRUE THANK YOU - 

OKLAHOMA TORNADO RELIEF CAMPAIGN




Close To My Heart is making a new Autumn/Winter 2013 stamp set, A True Thank You, available immediately and will donate 100% of the profits from sales of the set from May 23 through June 30 to the American Red Cross to aid the Oklahoma victims. Help us provide relief to those affected by the devastating Oklahoma tornado by purchasing A True Thank You stamp set for $2.95 (M1029) today!
*Offer valid May 23–June 30, 2013. No limit per order.



Show your support of troops and country with new patriotic stamp sets—available only from June 1 to July 31, 2013! 

When you purchase these exclusive patriotic stamp sets, available at full retail during June and July only, Close To My Heart will donate a portion of the proceeds to either the USO (for US) or the Canadian Hero Fund (for Canada), charitable organizations that support military families. The patriotic stamp sets were made exclusively for this campaign and can only be purchased during June and July 2013. 



The My Acrylix® Courage (B1437) stamp set is $9.95 and is military themed. 
The My Acrylix® Home of the Brave (D1576) stamp set is $17.95 and USA themed while the My Acrylix® Strong and Free (D1575) stamp set is $17.95 and Canada themed. 






16 comments:

Jayne said...

Hello MFS! I just love your lemonade stand! It really is amazing and love your colour choice.
Jayne x

Creative M said...

This is so COOL! I love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Jennifer V said...

I love love LOVE the lemonade stand card! Very cute and summery! TFS!

Stephanie said...

Lemonade is perfect, Susan. I love that awning. So chic.

Luria said...

Love this card it is such a fun summer card. Thanks for sharing.

Luria

Caroline said...

Wow, so much work went into this card! I love this card and idea. The lemonade looks really yummy! Awesome for sure!

Sharon said...

I so love your lemonade stand!!! What a fabulous idea!! I think it just may be time for some lemonade!!!! :)

Carole Beath said...

Love your Lemonade Stand, girl. Fabby.
Hugs
Carole

Carissa said...

In love with your lemonade card. Great idea.

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! I am so loving your lemonade stand!! How clever this design is, although I'm not sure I was following along on how to make it. lol The older I get the more I need a visual. Love the fabulous papers you used on your stand, and just love the lemonade glasses! Too cute!! Hugs!

Scrapping Girl said...

OK, that is just about the coolest! I LOVE it! I am going to have try something like this because it looks so awesome. What a fun fun summer card Susan!
:)
Michelle

melanie said...

This is one of my most favorite things you have ever made. What a fabulous card. I have cut that glass of lemonade and know it was tough to put together at the size you used. Beautifully done!

DonnaMundinger said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Totally refreshing! xxD

DIANA L. said...

Wow!! love the card your awning is super-- Makes me want to drink some lemonade now.
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my fav card this week Susan! I made a cupcake stand card like this last year but have to say what a great idea a lemonade stand and the colours are just gorgeous! Now pass the lemonade! :) Love love love it!
Hugs
Julie xx

shelly said...

susan what a cute cute lemon aid stand. i like how you skewed the word lemonaid :) great papers. :)