Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dr. Seuss Day 2013 Remembered



Hello everyone.  This was supposed to be yesterday's blog post, but it ended up being put off a day.  Thursday evening we had Bethany and her beau John over for dinner.  We made our special chicken recipe - teriyaki marinated chicken breasts grilled outdoors, topped with sauteed mushrooms & onions, bacon, and cheese - along with twice baked potatoes, baby green beans, and home made rolls.  We topped this off with strawberry shortcake!  It was a wonderful mean with delightful company.  It was also John's last meal for 24 hours.  

John had knee surgery today - he tore his ACL.  I was honored to make his last meal before the fast, so I made it a good one!!!  Sadly it knocked us all out!  Too full, too relaxed... and too tired to blog!!!  Ha.  Hence the delay on this post.

The word, as of Friday night, is John's surgery went very well.  He was still numb so my fear is for Saturday when the feeling comes back with a vengeance.  Please think good thoughts for John's recovery.   


So now on to today layout!!!  As you know, Bethany taught second grade this year.  Like the rest of the school her class celebrated Dr. Seuss Day on March 2.  Bethany and the grandmother who was her aide dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2.   They were quite cute for two thrown together costumes!!



I wanted to document Bethany's first Dr. Seuss day as a teacher so I swiped her photos off of facebook and had them printed!! Ha.  Facebook photos might not have the highest quality, but they do give me photos my kids forget to share!
 


I used the Silhouette Cameo and cut the phrase "Oh the places you'll GO".  The first four words were cut in a circle shape and placed inside the O on the word Go.  I also cut the Dr. Seuss quote on page two.  This was a cut available in the Silhouette America store.


I used a font from my computer to cut the "Thing 2 and Thing 1" title.  I also used two Silhouette store file to cut the blue hair for the Things and for the large striped hat on page one.

This layout will not win any awards, but I like that it captures the fun experienced by faculty and students on Seuss day!!



We have company this weekend so I will not be posting again until Monday when we have another fun Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Remember that there is still time to get in on this week's challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.



4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Cute LO!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan, this layout is adorable! I love how the ladies dressed up as Thang 1 & 2!! To cute and too funny! The elements on this layout are awesome and I just love how you did the title Susan! Hugs!

Scrapping Girl said...

The dinner sounds yummy! Love the fun layout and title!!!
Michelle

DonnaMundinger said...

This layout is absolutely ADORABLE! LOVE that font you used on the quote and the pix couldn't be cuter. Dinner sounds YUMBO! Hope John is recovering well. xxD