Monday, June 3, 2013

Acting Like a Lady(bug)


Hello everyone, welcome to another fun Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday.  This week I am hosting the challenge at BBTB2, which means I selected the Cricut Challenge cut for the Design Team.  I selected the most dainty of all bugs, the Ladybug, and challenged the DT to use any Cricut Ladybug on a project of their choosing. 

I used two Cricut cartridges and created a birthday card for a friend.  My ladybug, a four layer design, was cut using the Doodlecharms cartridge.  The remainder of the card and elements were cut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  



I cut the ladybug at three inches using one print and four solid colors of card stock.  I used pop dots to add dimension between the black and white layers and to raise the red top layer a bit.  I added the googly eyes and pen doodles to finish the ladybug. 


The round card, eyelet edging, branch and flowers were cut using Art Philosophy.  I am going to confess that I used my scraps to cut these elements.  I added CTMH shaped gems and shimmer flower centers to the floral grouping.  Inside the card I stamped a Birthday sentiment.




Remember that June is a big month at Close To My Heart.  Please look at the post below this one to get all of the information on this month's specials.

At Bitten by the Bug 2 we so enjoy it when our readers join us in the weekly Cricut Cut challenge. Please join us this week by using any Cricut Ladybug on a project of your choice.  Please review the rules on the BBTB2 sidebar before you post your project.

Thanks for stopping by today and please plan to head over and check out the BBTB2 Design Team's Ladybug projects!



10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Susan, your card is just gorgeous. So befitting a lady! (bug) Love all your details.

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Susan! I love how elegant you made your ladybug, my favorite bug! I love all the flowers and gem trails and papers you used! This is a fabulous birthday card!! Hugs!

Carole Beath said...

Great choice for a challenge. I love love love lil' Lady bugs.
Carole

melanie said...

Love this card! Then again as I always say, I love everything you make!

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty so elegant for such a bug!!

Caroline said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I love the shape of your card, the pretty "scraps" of paper and those beautiful flowers. What a beautiful card for your friend!

Sharon said...

How beautiful!!! I so love the your shape card and that wonderful ladybug! The flowers are so pretty as are the gems!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

She is a lovely ladybug and I love your added touch of the goggly eyes! The flowers on your shape card are so pretty too :) We finally have our internet back up, thank goodness! (I think it was a surprise to the whole family how much we use it every day-we really missed it while it was out!)
Michelle

shelly said...

absolutely adorable susan :) ive never thought of adding depth between the black and red layers for my l/bugs great effect and something ill be doing from now on :)