Monday, May 27, 2013

Welcome to the Neighborhood


Hello everyone - happy Bitten by the Bug Monday!  For those who may be new to the blog, every Monday the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog has a Cricut challenge.  A specific Cricut cut or theme is selected by a team member and the design team must create projects using that cut or theme.  All of the projects must include the weekly Cricut cut.

This week's Cricut challenge cut was selected by my Design Team sister, Sharon.  Sharon feels that Life is a Zoo and she has asked the Design Team to create projects using any ZOO ANIMAL! I decided to use the door emblem Lion from the French Manor cartridge and create a card.


The house two doors down has a new owner and I thought it might be nice to welcome the new neighbors with a card and a home baked item.  Doug met the dad of the new family already, but I have not seen anyone yet.  But I want to be ready for when the family arrives.

I used two cartridges to create this card - French Manor and Cindy Loo.  Oh... and the Teresa Collins Black and White cartridge for the Imagine.  I began by printing a sheet of crown card stock using the TC B&W Image cartridge.  I honestly do not cut with my Imagine very often (read never), but I do print card stock on occasion.  I thought the crown were perfect for my Lion head card as the Lion is the Kind of the Jungle!!


So after printing the crown card stock, I selected black and white and gray papers to create the card.  The found the wonderful Gold card stock in my scrap drawers and had just enough to cut the Lion's head and the word welcome.

Inside I have lots of space to write a nice welcome note to the new neighbors.  

I finished the front of the card by adding Close To My Heart gemstones and black sheer ribbon to the card.



It makes the Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team very happy when you, our readers, join us in the weekly challenge.  You have until next Sunday night to link your project to the Zoo Animal post at BBTB2.  There are a few rules for participating in our weekly challenges - most important is use the Cricut die cut machine and only enter NEW projects.  For the other rules see the sidebar on the BBTB2 blog.

This is my final week of LOAD 513.  I am afraid I may have withdrawals.  It too me half the month to really find my feet with LOAD.  What I have discovered is the I scrap differently with LOAD and I like including more than chronological events in my scrap pages.  This has been a learning and fun process!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back with a new project tomorrow.




12 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, I love this Susan! Great colors and fab design. Very striking. xxD

melanie said...

Beautiful design as always! You are such an artist!!

Stephanie said...

Love your take on this challenge, Susan. That's a very elegant lion.
Stunning card.

Creative M said...

Wow!!
Very Beautiful!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

shelly said...

wow susan what an awesome majestic lion! and how thoughtful to bring the new neighbors goodies its nice to see someone be so thoughtful like we did i the "old days" im sure they will just love this card hope your weekends been a good one :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the lion-he looks very striking! Your new neighbors will love the welcome-people just don't do things like this anymore and what a wonderful warm welcome your card and some goodies will be! I've enjoyed browsing through your LOAD projects :)
Michelle

Caroline said...

This certainly is a fabulous welcome to the neighborhood card. I love the cartridges that you picked and the paper from the Imagine. The yellow paper for the lion really pops!

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this welcome card is amazing!! I love the color combo and I love the lion! The Imagine crown paper is just beautiful!! Hugs!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!! This is wonderful Susan!! I so love the lion head and that most fabulous crown bg paper!! Your new neighbors are going to just love this card! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great card for a new neighbor. Great lion cut.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan this card is a stunner!! What a fabulous design and colours! Love this so much!
Hugs
Juliexx