Friday, May 31, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Life


Hello everyone.  I have to say that yesterday was not my favorite day ever... However, it did have some redeeming moments.  Yesterday was ... dun, dun, duhhhhhh... Root Canal day for me!  In the photo above I am driving home from the dentist office so truly things went as well as one could possibly wish.  

Now, let me digress for a moment... Yesterday's LOAD 513 Clue prompt was the Lead Pipe.  Really?  A Lead Pipe in my scrapping?  No, this prompt was NOT working for me!  Until... I was in the dentist chair.  I suddenly realized that I was wearing a LEAD VEST for the x-ray!!  Lead Pipe - Lead Vest... I see a common word!!!  So I whipped out my iPhone and asked the staff to document my dental experience!


Clearly this is NOT my most glamorous photo ever!  But this WAS a real life moment!  And what did I do with this real life moment? I scrapbooked it!  If nothing else, when I die my descendants will know I believed in proper dental care!

(click to the layout to see it larger)

I put together a two page, three photo layout - using the LEAD prompt of the day all while documenting a real life experience!!  Not too shabby!


  So while yesterday was not my best day ever, a well timed dental appointment DID save my day as far as LOAD 513 went.  And today is the final day of LOAD 513.  I have truly enjoyed the experience!  Even yesterday's LO!! LOL.





By the way, remember that today is the FINAL DAY to receive order Close To My Heart's National Scrapbook Month Paper packet and the May Stamp of the Month.  



With a minimum qualifying purchase ($50), get your D-size Stamp of the Month set for just $5.00! Add the stamp set to your cart on this page at full retail price or, with your qualifying order, add it at checkout for the promotional price.



May is National Scrapbooking Month and CTMH has a very special offer to help you celebrate:

Dream Pop
Get the exclusive paper packet for only $10 when you spend $35!
In honor of National Scrapbooking Month, you can get the yummy Dream Pop paper packet for only $10 when you spend $35 in May (valued at $19.95 retail)! This exclusive paper packet includes 12 cardstock sheets as well as 12 B&T Duos® papers that were specifically designed for this promotion only—you can’t get these sweet colors and patterns anywhere else! Start National Scrapbooking Month off right with a unique paper packet at a bargain price and get your creative juices flowing! Also, consider hosting this month: Hostesses receive one paper packet free with qualifying May Gathering sales totals of $400 or more.
*Shipping/handling and tax apply. Not available for purchase at full retail. Offer valid May 1–31, 2013, while supplies last. Qualifying purchases must be current, retail-priced product.
Dates: Offer valid May 1–31, 2013.


Here is a sneak peek at this fabulous paper pack:




3 comments:

Bobby said...

Talk about making lemonade out of lemons. This is so funny. I think I would have a difficult time coming up with a photo op for "lead" too but you pulled it ogg.

snappy scrappy said...

Great LO...yikes...my nightmare come true...a root canal.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan what a great layout! I think you look beautiful even with having dental work done! You have a great smile, something I wish I had!! I love that this lead apron worked out so well for the LOAD 513 challenges! You always do a great job at thinking out of the box!! Hugs