Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day Gift Card Holder with BBTB2


Hello everyone, happy Monday.  I am hosting this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut challenge and this week it is all about Mom!  I have challenge the Design Team to use any Cricut Cartridge and craft a project for Mom.  With Mother's day on 6 days away, we thought perhaps you could use some last minute inspiration.

To help with motivating your Mother's Day crafting, we are thrilled at BBTB2 to have a special Guest Designer joining us today - Michelle Criswell.  Michelle is fun and talented paper crafter and we are thrilled to have her join us.


I created a gift card holder for mom.  Our mothers have reached a point in their lives where they insist they do not need more things in their lives.  But I know that they both like gift cards to purchase things they might not want to splurge on for themselves.  I used two cartridges to create this card hold - Close To My Heart's Artiste and Art Philosophy.


The base card holder was cut using Artiste and CTMH Hollyhock card stock.  I cut the card at 11.5 inches tall using Cricut Craft Room.  I added decorative labels as matting/background on the front of the card.  I labels came from CTMH Art Philosophy.  I sized them to fit the card holder in Craft Room, using the layer view.  

I used a Heartfelt Creations small floral vine stamp to add detail to my light pink striped back ground.  I used Copic markers to color the stamped images.  I cut triple layer flowers from Artiste and add three flowers to the front of the card, over the floral vine.   I finished the design with a pink print Butterfly cut with Art Philosophy.

The Happy Mother's Day sentiment was cut using CTMH's Artiste cartridge.  I love both of the CTMH cartridges.  I can honestly say they are the two most well used cartridges in my cartridge library.  


We would love for you to join the Mother's Day Challenge this week at BBTB2.  Create your NEW Mother's Day project, post it to your blog, and link in under the original Mother's Day project at BBTB2.  One talented participant will win the BBTB2 Project of the Week Button for their blog.  In the meantime, please do drop by BBTB2 and check out the work of the talented Design Team.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be sharing some of my layouts from LOAD 513 with you this week.

 May Stamp of the Month - Pinwheel 




With a minimum qualifying purchase ($50), get your D-size Stamp of the Month set for just $5.00! Add the stamp set to your cart on this page at full retail price or, with your qualifying order, add it at checkout for the promotional price.




May is National Scrapbooking Month and CTMH has a very special offer to help you celebrate:



Dream Pop
Get the exclusive paper packet for only $10 when you spend $35!
In honor of National Scrapbooking Month, you can get the yummy Dream Pop paper packet for only $10 when you spend $35 in May (valued at $19.95 retail)! This exclusive paper packet includes 12 cardstock sheets as well as 12 B&T Duos® papers that were specifically designed for this promotion only—you can’t get these sweet colors and patterns anywhere else! Start National Scrapbooking Month off right with a unique paper packet at a bargain price and get your creative juices flowing! Also, consider hosting this month: Hostesses receive one paper packet free with qualifying May Gathering sales totals of $400 or more.
*Shipping/handling and tax apply. Not available for purchase at full retail. Offer valid May 1–31, 2013, while supplies last. Qualifying purchases must be current, retail-priced product.
Dates: Offer valid May 1–31, 2013.


Here is a sneak peek at this fabulous paper pack:





11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just gorgeous, Susan! Great idea making it a gift card holder and such beautiful flowers! xxD

Brenda said...

This is beautiful Susan! I love the papers and the flowers! That butterfly is just stunning as well!! Yes, I think once you reach a certain age you really don't need more "stuff" to clutter up but a gift card is just perfect for the mom's to splurge on something for themselves! Hugs!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so stunning Susan. I love love love the flowers. They are so pretty in that print and the gift card is fantastic. These two carts are my absolute favorites. Love it!

Stephanie said...

So beautiful, Susan. Love that paper and those flowers. You're right, I love gift cards and cash.
Then I can get more craft stuff. Right?

Caroline said...

I just love your gift card holder! The flowers are just beautiful! How true about the stuff! Nothing better than a little shopping spree with no guilt!

Creative M said...

Very Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! This is awesome Susan!! So very beautiful!! I love the flowers and that fabulous butterfly. The papers you used are just stunning!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

oh Susan, your gift card holder is fabulous! LOVE the flowers and butterfly you put over your stamped image! It's like eye candy, there are so many pretty things to look at! I hope you also have a very Happy Mother's Day!
:)
Michelle

Carole Beath said...

Wow, this is fantastic..... I love those papers, the colors the design.
Carole

Jayne said...

Hi MFS! Your card is beautiful. I am so pleased you made this gift card holder and shared your sizing as I have wanted to make one but hadn't explored sizing to fit a gift card!Love your flowers,stamping and pretty butterfly. I agree these 2 carts are my most used and probably favourites out of my collection.
Hope you are having a great week.
Hugs
Jayne x