Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jealousy (Tongue in Cheek) Layout


Hey-o everyone!  Today I am sharing last Saturday's LOAD 513 (LayOut A Day May 2013) layout.  As a reminder, all of the prompts are about the Clue game or mysteries in general.  Each day of the week has a theme - Saturdays are always Motives for committing a crime and last Saturday the motive was JEALOUSY!


I decided to have a bit of fun with photos from MFK's (My friend Kathy) son's wedding.  My daughter Bethany (on the right above) and Kathy's daughter Diana were in the mix of young ladies trying to catch the bridal bouquet.  The irony (to me) was that neither of these ladies were in relationships at that time (March 2012) and both are in wonderful relationships now!  As you can tell from the photos, Bethany beat Diana to the bouquet.  The photo above was a bit staged, but also a bit serious... they both wanted the bouquet!


After the bouquet toss our girls were friends again - even doing a bit of show dance to "All the Single Ladies" (if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!).  As you can see above, our girls were showing the attitude during their dance!


I am sharing a close up on the title because I want to share how different stitching methods can be used on your layouts.  I tend to do a lot of straight stitches or zigzags, but I like the blanket stitch above and the running stitch below.  I think that stitching can add such great details to layouts.


This layout was created using Close To My Heart's Studio J digital scrapbook program.  I have to admit that I was never a bit digital scrapper, but traveling earlier this month and trying to keep up with LOAD caused me to spend a great deal of time in the Studio J program.  I have come to love it.  I still did traditional scrapbooking last week at the crop, but I like digital scrapping sometimes too. 

The cost of Studio J is free. Once you complete a FREE registration, you can use the program on-line for free and only pay for what you want to have receive.  If you want only high resolution jpegs only the cost to download the jpeg is $2.95 per set.  If you want to receive both the high resolution jpegs and the 12 x 12 printouts, the cost is $6.95.  You will need to order at least 8 pages (four double page layouts) at a time to have the pages shipped.  I received my first five sets of digital layouts in the mail today and I am thrilled with them.  

I will not give up traditional scrapping, but I have enjoyed using Studio J for part of my LOAD layouts.

For more information on Studio J, just click on the name and you can play in the program.  Be sure to watch the helpful videos if you are new to digital scrapping!



1 comment:

Brenda said...

I would have never guess this was a digital layout Susan!! I have never scraped digitally but might have to check that out. lol I am loving this layout! The stitching looks amazing, love the paisley paper and the pictures of the "single" ladies are just too cute!! How knew digital could look this good?!!