Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Love the Flower Girl


Hello everyone.  Today I am going to ask you to help me in wishing my sweet, sweet friend Marcie a Happy Birthday! Actually we are wishing Marcie a belated happy birthday - or as one of my Close To My Heart Chatter - Birthday set stamps reads, "I didn't forget your birthday; I am just extending the celebration!"  That's the sentiment we are going with for Marcie's b-day!!



I started Marcie's birthday card with this great image from Dilly Beans Digi Stamps.  I love her big eyes and tranquil look... Marcie is a yoga girl; she should be looking tranquil!  I used Copic markers to color the Dilly Beans image - going with beautiful green eyes.... Yes, like Marcie's eyes (not that you can tell in the photo below which is black and white AND Marcie's eyes are closed)!!



For the basic card I used a card kit from the Silhouette American store and cut the base card in an aqua blue card stock.  The flower cut on the right side of the front of the card comes with the card kit.  I cut extra tiny daisies of varying sizes the with the Silhouette to embellish the flowers printed on in the stamp... I wanted to give the flowers a subtle 3-D pop.  I had cut around my stamped image and matted her on the pink herringbone card stock on the front of the card.


 

I added Elizabeth Craft peel off circles to the centers of the flowers in order to add a bit of bling to the card.  I also used a shimmer pen to add a touch of bling to the image eyes.   Now I just need to stamp my Close To My Heart sentiment inside and get this card in the mail to Marcie!!


As you read this I am probably elbow deep in my first LOAD513 layout while attempting to make my friend Susan M's taco soup.....  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to report that I was successful with both the layout and the soup!!!  Thanks for stopping by today.



3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Caroline said...

You did an amazing job on coloring your image. I do love the eyes, too. Such pretty paper!

Sharon said...

So beautiful!!! This image is just darling. Love the flowers!! :)