Thursday, May 9, 2013

Greed.... At CKC Charlotte

(Click on any photo to see larger)

Hey-o everyone!  I am back today with another LOAD 513 layout to share.  The daily prompt for this layout was "a motive - Greed".  I thought long and hard about how to scrap greed in my life - other than taking photos of my scrap room - and then I remembered the photographs from our annual Creating Keepsakes Charlotte Convention adventure.  Trust me - going to CKC one sees the very definition of Greed!


Last Augusts Convention trip was so much fun.  The convention dates feel a bit earlier and our teacher friends could join the core group.  We had a group of eleven scappers descend on Charlotte, NC for a three days of fun, shopping, classes, eating, drinking wine, and shopping some more.


The photo above is a close up of the right hand page.  Other than the lack of "food" photos, this page sums up the Convention hall experience.  I especially love the top photo of my friend Susan M. (MFS) shopping.  She is laughing and in shock that I chose that moment to take a photograph!


In a nod to my daily prompt (GREED), I used a traditional Christmas sentiment on this layout.  To some of us, Convention IS the most wonderful time of the year!!


I had space for a fun embellishment, but I thought the embellishment should be something we use every day in scrapping - scissors.  I also made the large layered buttons used on both pages.  I used peach seam binding to tie the over sized buttons before applying them to the pages.

I added the a link to the Creating Keepsakes Charlotte Convention.  Just click the name and you will be able to learn more about Charlotte or any of the CKC conventions.  I have already registered for classes for this August, and it is not too late for you too to join in the fun.  Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my tribute to Greed!






3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO!!

DonnaMundinger said...

FAb layout! Quit having so much fun. It's annoying. LOL xxD

Brenda said...

Gosh, these are some fun prompts for layouts! Not sure that I'd be able to pull it off, I guess that is why I didn't sign on to do LOAD 513. lol I love your take on this greed prompt! It is perfect and boy do you girls look like you are having a fabulous time which makes a great layout! Hugs!