Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day at the Zoo

(Click to see any photo larger)

Hello everyone!  I am so happy to be able to say that I am once again back at home.  It is always nice to see our mothers and to visit with family, but it is also nice to return home to my own bed!  In fact, as soon as I write and schedule this blog post for Wednesday morning, I will reacquaint myself with bed and pillows!  We visited each of our mothers, who each live five hours from us, but 100 miles from one another.  We also spent a day in the Atlanta area with our younger son on our way home.  

One of the more interesting aspects of this trip was my advenute into digital scrapping.  I wanted to fulfill my commitment to LOAD 513 and post a layout a day everyday in May... even the days we were away.  I considered packing a large bag of scrapping materials, tools, and photos, but I realized that there was no way to anticipate what I would need to meet the daily mystery prompts.  So, I took my laptop and made a lot of trips to Panera Bread to use their free WiFi connection.

I used Close To My Heart's digital program, Studio J and managed to meet all of my LOAD deadlines while traveling!!



This layout of my daughter Bethany and her beau, John, at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia was one of the digi-layouts I submitted over the weekend.  I love these adorable photos of Bethany, John and the animals.  I thought the safari themed paper was perfect to create a Zoo layout.  


I selected the photos and uploaded them to the CTMH Studio J site.  I then selected a paper pack and a layout style.  The styles are only a guide as you can change the layouts, papers and colors.  I finished the layout by adding a title and journaling.  I do like adding the journaling while I am working on the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today....





2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fab LO!!

Brenda said...

Wow, I am loving this digi layout Susan! The "papers" are really cool and go so well with the pics! I love the pics too, such fun and colorful layout! How knew that digi layouts could be this fun?! Hugs!