Friday, April 26, 2013

You're Aces "Man Card"


Hello everyone, welcome to Friday!!!  Friday is such a nice word because it will be followed by Saturday and Sunday... and YOU KNOW how much we all like those two days!!!

I started this week with the Bitten by the Bug 2 Man Up! box, bag, or container for a man challenge so I think it fitting that my final post of this week is a man card!



I used the Silhouette Cameo and the Green Room cut file from SVGcuts.com.  Remember some weeks ago when I posted a bowling card for my son, Aaron (this post)?  It was also from this same set of cut files.  Green Room includes all of the SVG files needed to make five cards and three detailed contains - all "guy" themed - for $6.99.

I used a blue print cardstock by Little Yellow Bicycle to cut the base card.  I added a gray and white layer as a shadow to my playing cards.  Finally I cut the playing cards in white.  I added the card suits and "A's" and finished the playing cards with lots of doodle dots.


The chip on the front of the card came with a small stack of chips that I truly did not like.  I cut the sentiment shapes and added those to the front of my card.  I left the sentiment block empty for the moment and will add the sentiment when I give this card away.  If you look at the top photo you can see one possible sentiment (I photo shopped in a sentiment to give you an idea of how a sentiment would look).



The inside of the card did not have an insert piece.  Because my base card was cut in a navy print, I designed my own white insert piece.

I took the gray shadow cut from the front of the card and welded a rectangle to the bottom so that my insert fit the inside of the perfectly.  Now I can stamp or write a message inside the card without using white ink.



Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my winning Man card!!!  I will be back on Monday with a new BBTB2 post!!




5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So neat, great man card!!

Stephanie said...

Too, cute, Susan.

Brenda said...

Love this card!! It is so perfect for that special man, I know my guys would love this as they love to play Texas Hold'em!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Great guy card, Susan! those are always tough. xxD

Caroline said...

Love the shape card and all your doodling!