Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome Baby BBTB2 Challenge


Hello everyone!  I spent a lovely weekend at Lake Murray getting my Scrapping on, with a lovely group of friends.  I cannot wait to share the projects I created on my blog later this month.  I felt like we all accomplished so much... whether in organization, scrapping, or just relaxing.   My teacher family and and friends are back to work today after a lovely spring break.  For two of my teacher friends the final days of spring break were spent at Lake Murray!

Today is Monday and that means it is time for another Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge!  My delightful design team sister, Caroline, from Card Creations By Caroline, selected this weeks challenge cut - a theme - Welcome Baby.


I used two Cricut cartridges to create my baby girl card - Baby Steps and Lacey Labels.  I used a modified version of the girl onesey cut from Baby Steps and the flowers from Lacey Labels.  I began with the basic girly onesey cut and I added 1/4 inch circles welded side by side along the sleeve and leg openings to make the lacey edging.  I then copied my modified onesey and welded two copies together at the shoulders to create the base card, which I cut with white cardstock.  I cut one individual ruffle edged onesey in white to go under the top layer.

I used the shift layer of the onesey cut and cut it in pink herringbone cardstock to use as the top layer.  I glued the top layer to the single white layer and using pop dots, attached the "outfit" to the base card.


I cut the tulip stems from the Baby Steps cartridge, but I cut off the tulips.  The tulips were replace with daisy flowers from the Lacey Labels cartridge.  I cut six flowers total and shaped them using a stylus and foam mat.  I then glued the flowers onto the onesey and added button centers.

The lovely card is actually for my friend Beth's (MFB) soon to arrive new granddaughter, Meg.  Meg is due to arrive in a few weeks and I wanted to be ready to welcome her.   I used the font on Baby Steps to cut Meg's name. 
I added a lace collar to Meg's card and I used my favorite micro tipped pen to add doodles to the ruffle trim and to the flower stems.  I finished the card by adding two eyelets to the "snap" area on the onesey.


My baby Meg card is just one idea on making a Welcome Baby card.  For more inspiration and fabulous ideas please head over to the Bitten by the Bug 2 team blog and check out the fabulous projects my design team sisters have added.   And remember we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  Be sure to read the challenge rules in our sidebar before linking to the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by today and checking out Meg's card.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project!

16 comments:

Margie said...

This is adorable, Susan! The bold pink flowers are so pretty :) Think I may be playing along with you girls this week at BBTB2 :)

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this baby card is amazing! I love how you changed up the onesie! Love, love the beautiful paper you used too, the lacy details on the legs and arms is just perfect! I also love the flowers you put on the onesie! Your pen doodling looks great and I really thought at first glance that it was real lace! Hugs!

Jayne said...

Gorgeous baby card Susan! I too thought your lace was real at first!! Love how you've personalised it..a true keepsake for the family.Pretty flowers and DP.
So pleased you had fun with your friends.
YFJ

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!!

Carole Beath said...

Susan, this is so so cute... I love the bright colors, rhe non traditional baby colors we seem to get stuck in. So so cute. Love the flowers and lace.
Carole

Creative M said...

This is just DARLING!!!Love how you put flowers with buttons on the center.Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Stephanie said...

I love this, Susan. The way you did the onesie is so special. Love the extra ruffle and those bright flowers. Glad your weekend was fabulous.

melanie said...

So darn adorable! Love everything about it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just precious, Susan! Love the dimensional flowers on it. Gorgeous, bright colors. xxD

Scrapping Girl said...

Wow! So creative how you customized it-LOVE the lace!!! (and the "snaps" at the bottom) The whole thing is so cute and special and will make a wonderful keepsake for your friend. The crop sounds like so much fun-I haven't gotten to go to one in a long time. Can't wait to see what you made!
Michelle

Caroline said...

Ohhhhh, I just love your onesie card. So pretty!!! Love the paper you used for the onsie and the lace. The flowers are so awesome! This card is just a wonderful gift just by itself.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is awesome!! I so love the onesie, the great pattern paper and those beautiful flowers. Love how you did the lace. It sure looks real to me!!! :)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan how clever are you the way you've customised this! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours patterns and your 'lacey collar' and flowers are amazing!
Hugs
Juliexxx

DIANA L. said...

This is so adorable I love it!! so much beautiful detail.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Megan Chamberlin said...

Great name! ;) Very cute card, I love the pattern on the onesie and the detail on the collar!

shelly said...

oh my how precious is this! perfect details as always :)