Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring is in the Air


Hello everyone!  Today I have a such a fun card to share with you!  I found this card at SVGcuts.com, in the Edisto Beach set.  I just love this side step fold card with all of its dimension and detail, just one of five cards available in the Edisto Beach set.



The genius of this card is the detail and decrease in perspective as the eyes move back through the step layers.  With the large beach house in back and the bird and flowers "up close" in the front, to me this cut file offers the opportunity to create a 3D work of art!


I used a combination of Close To My Heart card stock and scraps to cut this card.  I added subtle hits of edge color on some of the cuts and I used peel off gem dots as flower centers and the bird's eye.

I left space on the long narrow tag to stamp a sentiment or to add a vellum overlay depending on the occasion for which the card is intended.  


Since I had crafted this card on my last trip to the lake, I spent much of the afternoon in my scrap room sorting and organizing.  Truly I could spend two more full afternoons doing nothing but sorting paper and putting completed pages in albums, but those tasks are for another day.  Today it was all about getting ready for LOAD513!

I am participating in LayOut A Day 513 - May 2013.  I am actually excited about LOAD513; I am hoping to be inspired to think of scrapping differently.  We will see.  LOAD513 starts tomorrow, May 1st, so I was busy organizing photos of various events, trips, parties, and holidays that need scrapping. The theme of this month's LOAD is "Get a Clue" and the daily prompts will be based on the Clue board game.  

I also organized all of my CTMH stamps into CTMH stamp storage containers (My Acrylix Organizer).  I do like to use stamping on my layouts and I thought I might have better success finding the stamps I wanted to use if I sorted and organized them. I love the CTMH stamp organizers as they hold at least 15 stamp sets each ... And apparently I need one or two more as two of my categories are almost to the point of needing two cases.



One other exciting thing that is happening in my life today - I will be registering for my Creating Keepsakes Convention classes!  I have selected 6 classes to take - but I will be giving the list one last look before finalizing my registration this afternoon.  The convention is in Charlotte, NC in August, but some of the classes fill up very quickly so I always register on day one!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share and then maybe later in the week I might considering sharing some of my LOAD513 layouts.

If you are interested in LOAD513 you can learn more HERE.

If you are interested in Close To My Heart Stamps, organizers and other products, CLICK HERE!!!.