Monday, April 8, 2013

Singing in the Rain with BBTB2


Hello everyone!  It' Monday and that means it it is time for another Bitten By the Bug2 challenge.  This weeks challenge was selected by my wonderful design team sister, Brenda!  Brenda asked the design team to craft a project using any Cricut cut UMBRELLA, her theme being April Showers!  I I am going to confess that I struggled with this challenge... I made five different cards for this challenge and I am still not over the moon about the card I am using. 

As I said on Friday, I have been playing with the Suburbia cartridge and I really wanted to use this umbrella toting woman.  To me she could be singing "Singing in the rain" - the song made famous by Gene Kelly's light post and rain dance in the film by the same name, Singing in the Rain.  Can't you just see her belting out the lyrics?  My problem with crafting this project was in color selection.  The card was too dark when I used blue hues for the rain, along with the black silhouette.  I played and played with colors and finally just went with colors that I liked and gave up on the rain concept.  Sigh....




I started by cutting the silhouette woman and printing my sentiment, "Singing in the rain...." onto a sheet of pink cardstock.  I cut the base card from the pink cardstock.  I chose a subtle print to coordinate with my pink/peach tones and using my sewing machine, I attaching a mat to to the base card.

I used the CTMH cartridge Artiste to cut the diamond layers.  I thought the music paper was a perfect bottom layer to the diamond pattern.  The black coordinates nicely with the black silhouette and the peachy/pink color works wonderfully with the prints and solids on the card. 



After adding the silhouette image to the card using pop dots, I raided my orange/peach buttons and found these wonderful flower shaped buttons.  I add round peel off centers to the flowers.  I finished the card by adding a bit of variegated twine below the sentiment.




Since I struggled with the is challenge, I know you are going to love the FABULOUS inspiration provided by my design team sisters at BBTB2.  They did a knock out job with this challenge....!  Be sure to go by BBTB2 and check out their projects.  While you are there, check the sidebar rules and then create on your umbrella project and join us in the weekly challenge.   Just post your project in the linky area below the Umbrella challenge at BBTB2.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project to share with you!


 

12 comments:

Jayne said...

Susan your card is fabulous! Love your take on the challenge!Inspired way to add the dimensional diamonds too.
Hugs
Jayne x

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!!!

Scrapping Girl said...

I just got Suburbia and was excited to see your project with it, as I'm collecting ideas! I love the stitching you did around the edge and those buttons are gorgeous! I think she looks like she could be dancing with Gene Kelly and love the singing in the rain theme!
Michelle

melanie said...

Love this card! You did a really good job on this one, my friend! I love the argyle pattern you used. So very cute!

Stephanie said...

I t6hink this one is super cute, Susan. I love the colors and those diamonds. And yes, she looks like she is singing. This silhouette reminds me of Donna Reed. (remember her?)

Creative M said...

Fabulous & Fun!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, I love this card! It sure doesn't look like you struggled at all with this challenge, this card is amazing! I love the woman with her umbrella, love that cart and want it so bad! LOL I love the diamond shape cut, the music paper works perfect!! Love the machine stitching, well what did I say?? I just LOVE this card! And yes, I can hear her singing the song! Hugs!

Carole Beath said...

I love the layout on this card, Susan.
Carole

Caroline said...

Wow, I think you did a fabulous job with this challenge! I love the theme and card design. I wouldn't have thought of this. I love the lady with the umbrella!

Sharon said...

I think your card is fantastic Susan!! I so love the patterns and colors you have used!! And the music paper is great. I love it!!! :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

I hope ur card was worth the struggle for u cause its amazing! So pretty and unique!!!

Hugs
Sarah

shelly said...

susan youre so clever using the music paper to tie in with your sentiment. your creative mind never ceases to amaze me :)