Friday, April 5, 2013

She is HOT!


Hi everyone, happy Friday!!  Today I have a beach scene card to share with you, inspired by wishful thinking on my part.  Today is cold and wet and so un-spring-like in South Carolina that I think I needed a little mental vacation. 

I have been playing with the Suburbia cartridge for a few days, but find that as much as I love the main images, like my bathing beauty here, I am struggling with building a card around the cuts.  Over the last few days I have made four versions of one Suburbia cut - and I am still not thrilled with the card.  But I will continue to use the cartridge as I love so many of the vintage looking cuts.

I shared this card with my husband, before posting, and asked what he thought.  His comment is my post title - "She is HOT!"  He made me laugh so I decided perhaps I could share her with you.


I cut the shadow in white, the suit and hat in red print and the body in silhouette black.  I added an umbrella from the Life's a Beach cartridge.  I then created a small martini and a book for my hot woman's recipe for relaxation.

While this may not be my best card ever, I do intended to keep trying to master these fabulous vintage images.  I am currently working on a couple of Mad Men inspired Don Draper cards using the Suburbia cartridge.  With any luck I will share the Don Draper cards next week.

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back on Monday with the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 post!!

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous!!!

Brenda said...

Wow, it doesn't look like you struggle with this cart Susan! This is so cool looking and I agree with Doug, she is hot!!! Now if only I looked like that again! lol Hugs!