Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sailing Away Baby Card


Hello everyone.  After making and sharing Meg's card yesterday, I decided that I should also make a baby boy card.  Like all other occasion cards, it is nice to have a few baby cards on hand.  I used two cartridges to create this card - Baby Steps and Craft Room Basic Shapes. 



Just like yesterday I welded two of the boy onesie cuts together at the shoulders and cut them in white cardstock to serve as our base card.  The photo below on the left shows the base layer cut. 



I used the basic onesie to cut the nautical flag and rope onesie - this layer was the t-shirt layer.  For the denim overalls I also used the onesie cut but I added three shapes over top of the sleeves and neck to cut the overall shape.  I cut two additional shapes to use as the buttoned straps. The photo above on the right is a screen shot of the overall portion of the cut file.



I used the Big boy sail boat cut on the front of the boy outfit.  I selected red, yellow and white cardstock to cut the Big boy cuts so that image matches the colors in the nautical t-shirt.

I finished the boy card "outfit" by sewing around the edges of the overall and the straps.  I added two red buttons to the straps and two navy eyelets in the snap area! 

 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will back tomorrow for my Event Wednesday post.  The party is Saturday so next week I will wrap up the Event Wednesdays.



6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Too stinkin' cute, Susan! Love the nautical theme. xxD

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute, love the stitching!!!

lovemypaper said...

Too cute love it!

Jayne said...

Cute card Susan. Love your stitching detail. I have a small sewing machine that does an assortment of basic stitches that I only use for papercraft and it always amazes me how much card stock it goes through!!
I hope that one day Ossi does get to Augusta and will definitely come visit you.
YFJ xx

Caroline said...

I love your little boy card. It is soooo cute. Love the nautical theme.

Creative M said...

just Precious!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥