Monday, April 22, 2013

Man Up! BBTB2 Man Box Challenge


Hello everyone, happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday.  Today's BBTB2 Cricut Challenge theme was selected by my fabulous Design Team sister, Jayne.  I have to say that I LOVE this challenge because it is such a fun idea.  Jayne challenged the team to MAN UP! Create any bag, box or container with a "man theme"... NO cards or layouts allowed this week!!


I used the man tool box on the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge to make my Man Up! project.  I made two design changes to the basic box - the handle and a more decorative lock.  I thought the "man paper" (called A Perfect Gentleman) from Graphic 45 was perfect for this man project.  Fortunately I had a few sheets of this wonderful cardstock tucked away in my Graphic 45 stash!


I used the graphic print cardstock to craft the bottom of the box and the wonderful vintage image men for the  box lid.  I cut one sheet of the cardstock, which had detailed strips, along the stripe lines and used this as the "leather" trim on my man box.  I added eyelets to the leather strips to serve as rivets.

I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the lock for the front of my man box.  I measured the lock from the original box cut on the Sweet Tooth Box cartridge and sized my Art Philosophy lock to fit the box.  I used gold metallic cardstock to cut the lock and brackets for the leather handle on the top of the box.




I have placed my man box on the bookshelves in Doug's office and it blended into the decor so well that I had to point it out to him. Well, that is what I prefer to think - it could be that he IS a man and just didn't notice!!

Jayne came up with a really great challenge for the BBTB2 Design Team this week and we would love it if you joined us in the Man Up! challenge.  You will need to create a NEW bag, box or other container with a man theme by next Sunday.  Link your project to the Man UP challenge at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and link back to us on your blog.  Remember to tell us which Cricut cartridges you used.  One entry will win the BBTB2 Project of the Week button for their blog.  I hope you choose to play along this week!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a week of new projects all planned for you so be sure to drop back by each day this week!



11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fab...love the paper you chose!!

Brenda said...

This tool box is amazing Susan!! I didn't even realize there was a "tool" box on this cart, will have to look at that again! lol The papers you used are just perfect, who can resist Graphic 45 paper anyway?!! lol I think it is so cool that this box went so well in your husband's office, even if he didn't notice it at first. lol I think it's a man thing! lol Hugs!

Creative M said...

Fab & Fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Stephanie said...

Wow, Susan this is terrific especially with that paper. A fabulous cut. (I never noticed the toolbox either) I think that's a trait most men have!

Jayne said...

Thanks for playing along MFS. I really love your tool box with the perfect papers and awesome lock. The men in my house only seem to notice anything if it contains food!!
Jayne x

melanie said...

HOLY CANOLI! I could not love this more! You did not do it justice when you described it on the phone!

Caroline said...

Wowwww! This looks so "real". It doesn't look like it is made of paper at all. Typical man, by not noticing. This is fabulous!

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!!!! This is most awesome Susan!!! I am in awe!!! The Graphic 45 paper is perfect!! Love all of the details!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Didn't think this was made of paper at first, it looks so real!!!! (That Graphic 45 paper-it's the bomb! I love it!) My men never notice anything either unless it's food, lol! Months later after I hang or put up new decorations they will stare in bewildered surprise, finally noticing! It's enough to give one a complex, but I think that is just the male of the species. My girlfriends always notice right away and they don't even live here!

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE the DP you used on this fab box, Susan! Really wonderful work. xxD

shelly said...

wow fantastic susan :) awesome papers :)