Monday, April 29, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake with BBTB2


Hello everyone, happy Monday!   Are you ready for a spring/summer wedding season?  At Bitten by the Bug 2 our delightful and talented Julie has asked the Design Team to use any Cricut cartridge and create a wedding or anniversary project.  We would like to help you prepare your card stash for the coming weeks of wedding season by asking you to join us in this challenge.


I decided to go with a gate fold card - thank you MFP (my friend Peggy) for the inspiration - in white, pink and gray.  I started with a 10"x 6" piece of metallic gray card stock. I scored the card stock 2.5 inches from each edge, creating a 5"x 6" card. 

 

Using Cricut Craft Room Shapes and CLOSE TO MY HEART The Happy Couple stamp set, I cute rectangles in print, gray, pink and white card stock.  




After assembling the card layer, I used The Happy Couple stamp set to stamp the cake layers and the pink bow (I actually made two cards and once so everything above was actually done twice).



I added the cake layers to the front of the first card.  On the second card I used a Copic marker and colored the cake layers pink before adding them to the card front.  I honestly cannot decide which version I like best... Though I did find out that one of the cards should have been done with purple accents for the wedding my daughter is in later this month.  Oh well, another scrapping opportunity for another day!!




Thank you for stopping by today.  Remember at Bitten by the Bug 2 we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  All you have to do is make a new wedding or anniversary project, post it to your blog and then link it under the original Wedding Challenge post at BBTB2.  Be sure to check the sidebar at BBTB2 for all of the challenge rules while you are checking out the DT's projects!!




15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love this design and great color scheme, susan. Beautiful. xxD

Stephanie said...

Love your take on the challenge. Lovely cake and I love the colors.

Brenda said...

Oh Susan I am in love with both of these wedding cards! I am in love with that wedding stamp set too! lol Just beautiful and I so love the color combos! Perfect in every way! Hugs!

Carole Beath said...

Love these.... I love the gate fold card style, and the papers are wonderful. Hugs.
Carole

melanie said...

Simply gorgeous!

L.B. said...

I love the way this type of fold looks. Great cake stamp.

Caroline said...

Well, I sure can't pick the best card, because they are both awesome. I love the colors, patterns and the card style. Love it!

Sharon said...

There is no way that I could pick a favorite from these two!! They are both so beautiful Susan!! I just love the pattern paper you used. And those cakes are fabulous!!
As for the ribbon on my card. I dyed and crinkled it using seam binding.:)

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, I love the cakes with the stamped layers! I can see that stamp set being VERY useful-it may have to go on my wish list! The background paper is so very lovely too...and both cards are so pretty I couldn't pick between them either!
:)
Michelle

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful wedding gate fold card. Great job stamping
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Hello MFS! I think both cards are beautiful. Love the colourways and I can't pick between them!
Hugs
Jayne x

Glenda Joy said...

Both are so pretty. Great shape and layers, too!

~JulieH~ said...

OOh I love those colours Susan, loke them both equally! Fabulous stampingmaking a gorgeous cake!Love them both!
Hugs
Juliexx

shelly said...

how pretty! i love both