Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Missed You Beary Much


Hello everyone.  Two weeks ago our local school district was out on Spring Break.  While the students and teachers were off relaxing I decided to craft a "welcome back" project for my daughter Bethany's second grader class.  I was inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest where someone had recycled used Keurig cups, adding new tops and filling them with Halloween treats.  I thought I could change the Halloween theme to something more fitting returning from a school break.


I saved Keurig cups for a couple of weeks, emptying them out then washing them in very hot water.  I measured the diameter of the K-cup top and using my Silhouette Cameo I created a print and cut tag for the K-cup tops.  I layered the scalloped circle with a brown circle, inset with a cream circle.  To the middle circle I added the phrase "I missed you Beary much."  


I found a cute Teddy bear cut in the Silhouette America store.  I sized and cut the four layers for the Bear's head only - cutting 21 of each piece.  After assembling my 21 bear heads I set them aside and filled 21 K-cups with gummy bears.  I glued the new K-cup tops to the cups and packed them to go to school with Bethany.


Bethany gave her students this Beary cute little treat on their first day back from Spring break.  Offering them a reward at the end of the day was a nice incentive for the kids to stay focused throughout the day.

Thanks for stopping by and viewing my Beary sweet project.  I will be back tomorrow with the final installment in my Event Wednesday series.  The 1920's Speakeasy party was last Saturday night and we had a fabulous time!! Drop by tomorrow for the details!



7 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!!

Debbie (from Sugar Land) said...

These are precious! Your daughter is lucky to have you for a mom!

Creative M said...

LOVE your creativity!!This is TOTALLY cute! Did not know that it was a Keurig cup!!WOW!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Brenda said...

Awww, what a fabulous idea! I love how cute this little bear face is and of course the goodies and sentiment is just perfect!! I think you are going to have these children wanting to funk out just to stay in Bethany's class again! lol Your such a sweet momma Susan! Hugs!

L.B. said...

what a fun project and love this sweet bear.

lovemypaper said...

Great idea!

DonnaMundinger said...

These are just darling, Susan! Bethany's class won't want to move up next year. They're being spoiled so much. xxD