Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Card for Toby - Months Early



Hi everyone.  Today I have a sweet card to share with you. My friend Toby (MFT?) love butterflies.... I mean she REALLY loves butterflies.  Toby owns a zillion butterfly embossing folders, stamps, etc.... Well, maybe not a zillion, but truly a lot of butterfly paper crafting items!  And when I spied this great Butterfly Card in the Silhouette American store, I KNEW this would be a perfect birthday card for Toby... Never mind that Toby's birthday is not until this fall....


The photo in the Silhouette store shows this card finished in magenta and brown... Um, not my favorite color combination...  I chose a much more girly color palette.  I cut the base card in smooth white cardstock.  The top layers were cut in dark pink (which looks red in the photos, but is actually dark pink) a chevron print pink and white print and teal solid cardstock.  I used various pinks and yellow scraps to cut the flowers for the card top.

I used a foam mat and stylus to shape the flowers before adhering them to the the butterfly.  I finished the flowers by using round peel offs as the flower centers.


I added tiny peel offs to the butterfly wings as high lights.  The two white doodles for eyes finished off Toby's birthday card... MONTHS and months early!!!


Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my friend Toby's future birthday card.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project to share!!




4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Susan, your friend will love it! Hugs!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Susan! Love the dimensional flowers. Toby will adore this! xxD

Caroline said...

I love your butterfly card. So pretty! Your friend will love it.