Monday, April 1, 2013

Clowning Around on April's Fools Day


Hello everyone, happy April Fool's day!   It is my turn to select the weekly challenge cut at Bitten by the Bug 2 and as it IS April Fool's day, I thought we should use the CLOWN BEAR from the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge, because you know there will be a lot of clowning around today!!!

I have initiated a new schedule at BBTB2 where we will rotate alphabetically with the team members selecting the weekly challenge in the alphabetical order of their first names.  The exception to that rule is that I get to select the challenge on the first week of each month.  I made this change for two reasons:  so that everyone received an equal chance to host the weekly challenge and because we plan to have a Guest Designer join us the first week of each month. 

Our first Guest Designer at BBTB2 is Nadia Herbst-McConnell, from With Glittering Eyes.  Nadia is a fabulous designer and I knew she would be perfect as our premiere guest designer. 





Now for some information on this colorful card!  I created my card using two cartridges, Teddy Bear Parade and Close To My Heart Artiste.  I used CTMH papers from my stash.   The photo above shows a top view of my clown card.  It is a sort of swing card.  The Artiste cartridge contains a number of swing cards with different cut out shapes.  I select this zagged edged circle cut out to hold my bear.  I cut the base card in red CTMH cardstock and built up from there.



Using Cricut Craft Room, I sized my bear to fill the open space on my swing card.  I cut the bear body in Kraft cardstock and his clothes in CTMH scraps.  I used the circle peel offs from Elizabeth Craft to embellish the Bear's flowers and balloon dog's nose.



I added layers of printed to cardstock to the inside of the card and created a yellow circle onto which I might stamp a future sentiment.


At Bitten by the Bug 2 we would love to have you join us in the weekly challenge.  Create any project of your choice using the CLOWN BEAR from Teddy Bear Parade (or any clown from any cartridge) and link in below this week's post at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog.  One lucky crafter will receive the Project of the Week button to display on their blog!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project. 



17 comments:

Jayne said...

Love your clown bear and swing card.Haven't tried one of those yet!Great papers and cute balloon.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

This card is too cute Susan! Can you believe that I was going to use the exact same card base?!! I changed my mine at the last minute though. lol So as soon as I saw your card, I just laughed and thought the joke was almost on me! lol Love, love your teddy clown!! He is so bright and festive as is the card base! Hugs!!

Scrapping Girl said...

The swing card base looks so cool! Love the cute little bear and it's all so colorful and happy :)
Michelle

snappy scrappy said...

Super sweet, fab fold and colours!!

melanie said...

Love this! Great paper choice! Also, I love the pen detail! Beautiful as always!

Carole Beath said...

What a delightful burst of color on this darling Teddy card. Love it...
CAROLE

Stephanie said...

Susan, I love your swing card. I've never made one of those either. Love all the great layers on your adorable clown bear.

Rosie said...

omg this clown card is soo cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Creative M said...

This just a FUN challenge! ADORABLE clown!!!A darling card!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Your card is adorable! Love all the little accents and details-- and your perfect papers!

Thank you for your kind words!

DIANA L. said...

This is so Fun- You have used such bright Happy colors. I love how your card opens

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Hi!
Your teddy bear is soooo cute. I really like your swing card and the polka dot paper.

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Susan!!! Love the swing card. And that great polka dotted papers. :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow I had no idea these cards were on Artiste. Definitely need to check it out. Love your clown, the sentiment and the bright colors.

shelly said...

wow super cute fun card susan! i love the card design. thanks for the fun challenge this week :)

scootingranny said...

Cute, cute, cute! Looking forward to seeing what everybody does and especially looking forward to Nadia's post!!

DonnaMundinger said...

I MUST pay more attention to my CTMH carts. Great to have the swing done for you. Adorable bear and papers. LOVE it! xxD