Friday, April 12, 2013

Aargh! It's Your Birthday


Hello everyone!  Today we are going to leave the Mad Men behind and move on to Wild Men - short little wild men!  This is a birthday card I crafted for a special little boy and I thought you might enjoy it. 


I used my Silhouette Cameo to create this card.  I started with a center step card and added various pirate elements.   I used white cardstock for the card and black/white striped paper for the background on the front.  I used vintage looking "map" paper on the center step and "water on the back step.




I cut this cute Silhouette pirate ship for the back step of the card.  The color is a bit off in the photo below as the ship is actually a light tan color with white and black sail layers.  I finished the ship with blue flags, doodles and three layers of "water" at the bottom.


I cut skulls and a navigation wheel to embellish the front left side of the card.  I added a treasure chest to the second step, along with some doodling and the word Aargh!



I cut a paper doll with a pirate outfit for the front right side of the card.  I added facial features, an eye patch, and all of his layers of clothes. 

I finished the card with a bold Happy Birthday sentiment across the bottom step!


Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you enjoyed my Aargh birthday card.  I will be back on Monday with another Bitten by the Bug 2 project to share.  



6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...love all the layers!!

Stephanie said...

Susan, I love, love, love it! Every last little detail!

janner said...

Love all the details. Your card is amazing.

shelly said...

short little wild men, tee hee susan you crack me up! what a fantastic card! you rock!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a lucky little boy! He's gonna love this! Fab detail. xxD

Jennifer said...

Wow I love this! It's so detailed and amazing! Thanks for sharing!