Monday, March 25, 2013

You Are Out Of This World


Hello everyone, happy Monday.  I hope your week is off to a good start.  I had a wonderful weekend and look forward to a pleasant week.  Adding to my pleasant week is my Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team sister, Brenda, who chose this week's Cricut challenge cut.  Brenda has asked the DT to use any card cut feature on any Cricut cartridge this week.  I decided to create a birthday card from my nephew Carter.  Carter will be five in May and I thought he might enjoy this "out of this world" space birthday card!


I used the planet card cut on Close To My Heart's Cricut Artiste cartridge.  I cut the base card and then I cut the planet twice - once in gray dots and once on denim blue.  Working carefully, I hand cut the ice ring section from the planet.  I then placed the gray ice ring over the denim planet.  I added light blue stickles to the gray ice ring hoping to highlight the icy nature of the ring.



I embellished my icy planet with two space ships - new friends circling the planet waiting to meet.  The spaceships were cut with the Artiste cartridge and stamped with Close To My Heart's "Outta This World" stamp set (C1523, $13.95).  Like all other CTMH stamp sets which coordinate with a CTMH Cricut cartridge, the size to cut the coordinating Cricut cut to match the stamp is listed on the stamp packaging.   I cut the Martian space ship and the rocket space ship.




I stamped the two Cricut cuts with their coordinating stamps in Ruby Red CTMH Ink.  I used Copic markers to add colored highlights to the spaceships.  I also added Elizabeth Craft small peel offs to embellish the spaceships.  My friend Susan M. introduced me to Elizabeth Craft's dot embellishment sheets and I just HAD to have my own!!



I finished my card by add the "TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER" sentiment to the front of the card.  I also added some white doodle dots to the planet.  Inside the card I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment for Carter.



Thanks for stopping by today.  For information on the CTMH products used in today's card read below.  Please remember that at Bitten by the Bug 2 we so enjoy it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  Please create your own NEW card feature cut card and share with us at BBTB2.  For more information please see the sidebar at the BBTB2 blog.






 


Not Used on today's project, but also a wonderful stamp set is the March Stamp of the Month Set -   FLORAL HAPPINESS Available March 1-31, 2013 -  Get the Stamp of the Month set for just $5 (S1303A) when you place an order of $50 or more.



14 comments:

melanie said...

This card is out of this world! I have not had a chance to use that stamp set yet, but I think I should pull it out and give it a whirl. You inspire me!

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute, love your boy card...perfect!!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I love this card Susan!! I swear I can look at the CTMH carts a 100 x's and find something new on them every time! Your nephew will just love this card! I love the matching stamps too!!! Hugs!

Staying Crafty said...

This is totally adorable! The shape alone is way cute, and all your little details really make it special :)

Carole Beath said...

Y our nephew is going to love this card, Susan. I sure do.
Carole

Stephanie said...

This is so cute, Susan. Your nephew is going to think you're the greatest.

Caroline said...

Ohhhh, this card is soooo adorable!! This is a perfect card for Carter. Love those spaceships also.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! This card is out of this world.

Sharon said...

Oh my stars!!! This is just fabulous!!! Carter is gonna love it!! The spaceships are just wonderful. Love the stickles on the ice ring. Awesome card!!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

About the coolest boy card EVER! What fun! Any of my boys would think this was super-cool! Love the space ships too! (and thank so much for the sweet comment on my Easter project-made my day :)
Michelle

Rosie said...

awesome card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blgospot.com

DIANA L. said...

What an adorable card I love this set. You are so inspiring. Or is it enabling, because I think I want this cartridge now.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, this is a fun one. I so rarely even look at the card features. Great colors and stamps. Your nephew will surely think this is out of this world! xxD

Jayne said...

Love this fun card Susan. You are one cool Auntie!
Jayne x