Friday, March 15, 2013

Welcome Baby Girl



Hello everyone.  Do you sometimes get a picture in your head of a card you would like to make, but when you finish the card is a sad distant relative of what you had planned?  This often happens to me.  Every now and then what I envision presents itself as a final project, but more often I find that I just could not meet my own expectations.  That was the case with this dress card.  I had a rough vision of what I wanted to make, and though I came close, I did not achieve what I had hoped to.


This dress card was cut using the Silhouette Cameo.  I started with a simple dress cut file and welded to create a card shape. I cut the basic dress in pretty pink cardstock.  Next I cut the basic dress in white textured cardstock.  I also cut a lace edged oval - a LARGE lace edged oval. 

I used scissors to trim away the sleeves and neckline of the white dress. I cut off two inches of the hem as well. I then matched the arc in the oval with the dress hem to create a lace edged pinafore. I used another section of the oval edge to create the lace edging on the sleeves.





Working from the sleeve area I trimmed off of the white pinafore, I hand cut shoulder straps for the pinafore.  I added floss trimmed buttons over the straps.  I also added a floss trimmed heart shaped button to the center front of the pinafore.  I trimmed the pinafore with doodles and I finished it off with  a center pocket and a quilled rosette.  I added the stamped sentiment Congratulations on your new arrival! to the front of the pinafore.



I think I should have used a print cardstock for the dress and a smaller lace for the sleeves and pinafore.  But is always easier to second guess myself AFTER I finish the card.  Sigh.....

I plan to spend the weekend at a crop at my friend Susan M's house.  There should be 10 or so of us that will be participating in the crop so I know we will have a good time!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.


 



4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Susan...

I dont know what you had in your head...but this card turned out ADOABLE!!! =)
I love it...just darling!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Margie said...

Darling card, Susan! I especially love that strawberry color! :)

Carole Beath said...

What a darling little dress card. I love it.
Carole