Thursday, March 28, 2013

Visit to the Stars


Hello everyone.  I have become very fond of what I refer to as "hybrid cards", and this is another example of one of my hybrid cards.  The reason I call this a hybrid card is because I used both the Cricut and the Silhouette to create the finished product.  This card could easily have been made with the Cricut only, but since the Silhouette store had the pre-designed cut file for this great shaped card I saved myself time and used the pre-designed file.


This card used the same Close To My Heat stamp set that I used on Monday's BBTB2 Out of This World planet card, Outta This World.  I really like this fun stamp set and I thought this card might offer you another view on how this stamp set could be used....  If I were scrapping for a little boy, this set would be darling on scrap pages.

I used a 6x6 pack of cardstock to cover the basic red card and to create the double layer mats on the front of the card.  Just like before, I stamped the two space ships on white cardstock. 


I wanted to add a bit of detail to the side step panels without taking away from the scene on the front so I borrowed these great red and red & white fibers.  I used a small hole punch to add six holes to each side panel.  I then threaded the fibers though the holes and tied the ends into square knots. 


I finished the card by added gold stars and the Outta This World tag to the front of the card.  Since the first card is for my nephew's birthday, this one my have to go to another cute little boy we know who will be celebrating a birthday very soon!



Thanks for stopping by today.  I am have been a bit of a slacker and do not have anything planned for the blog for tomorrow.  Hopefully I will get myself together today and and create a new project to share with you on Friday.



5 comments:

MsJay said...

Cute card. TFS

snappy scrappy said...

Fab...love it!!

lovemypaper said...

Super cute great job!

Stephanie said...

Susan, love the card. and the tea party...well, you're the hostess with the moistest. Everything was beautiful. I love those teacups and teapot.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fun stamp set! Sure would love a file for cards like these. Fabulous. xxD