Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tweet Bird House



Hello everyone!  Today I am going to share this cute Silhouette Cameo project - my Tweet Bird House.  I found the unadorned bird house cut (basic house) at the Silhouette America store.  The basic house is super easy to cut and assemble - only three pieces.

Below you will see the basic house, minus the roof and perch bar.  I used Close To My Heart cardstock from the Chantilly Paper Packet  to create my bird house.


I used a solid CTMH cardstock to cut the roof and "shingles".   The basic roof is a rectangle with score lines down the center.  I cut a scallop edged lace trim and applied it as a gingerbread trim to the roof.  I then layered the plain scalloped strips in rows to create the roof shingle effect.



I looked in my flourish file and using a green print from the same CTMH Chantilly cardstock.  I cut flourishes to go under the planned flowers.  Again using the same CTMH cardstock set, I cut three different size roses using my Cricut and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge



I added extra trim around the middle of the house and I used the quilling tool to roll the bird perch and add it to the front of the house.   The bird house is sitting on a shelf in my house awaiting the addition of a paper bird family.



CTMH Products used in today's project:






Also available:





Available March 1-31, 2013
Get the Stamp of the Month set for just $5 (S1303A) when you place an order of $50 or more. Jump-start the fun by ordering the items from the list below to create this artwork!

 
    Jump for Joy    
    Hostesses earn more rewards in March because when a Gathering reaches $250 or more in sales, the hostess jumps up to the next Hostess Rewards and Hostess Rewards Plus! levels. Now that’s a reason to jump for joy!

*Shipping/handling and tax applies. Only Gatherings with a total of $250 or more will qualify for the jump in Hostess Rewards or Hostess Rewards Plus!. Qualifying hostesses will receive Hostess Rewards from one level only—the level that is one higher than their sales total.
Dates: Offer valid March 1–31, 2013.



6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...soooo pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

"Tweet" is right! Love how you've embellished it. xxD

Stephanie said...

Love the birdhouse, Susan. Love the flower embellies.

Christine Real said...

Wow! This is just so cute! Makes me hope for spring!

Hugs,

Chriss

Caroline said...

Wow Susan, your birdhouse is amazing! I love your pretty flowers! I think every bit of this is amazing!
Caroline

Carole Beath said...

Oh my goodness, this birdhouse is perfectly wonderful. Love those roses too... WOW.
Hugs
Carole