Monday, March 4, 2013

Top 'O the Morning Bear



Hello everyone, welcome to Bitten by the Bug 2's homage to St. Patrick's Day!  Our lovely and talented design team sister, Brenda chose this week's challenge cut - Shamrocks.  You may use any Cricut Shamrock cut on any project of your choice.  I chose to make a card featuring Sheamus O'Bear - an Irish fellow who knows how to dress well!  Sheamus is ready for his St. Patty's Day parade and carousing! 



I used two cartridges to create this card - Teddy Bear Parade and Celebrate with Flourish.  I cut the Sheamus O'Bear at 3.5 inches tall so that after adding his hat he could still stand on the front of an A4 card.  I cut the Luck o' the Irish at 1.8 inches. 



As you have probably guessed, I keep a tiny stash of Irish papers and cardstock.  I raided my stash for this card.  Inside the Kraft card I add a white stamping/writing area, double shamrocks and a sidebar of fun shamrock print.  I thought the Kraft base card worked well with Sheamus O' Bear's colors.



As always, the design team at Bitten by the Bug 2 would love for you to join us in the weekly challenge.  This week create any project of your choice using any Cricut Shamrock cut.  You must submit a new project and link under the Shamrock challenge post at BBTB2.




Thank you for stopping by today.  I have a week of varied projects planned for you so do stop back by daily.



13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Susan, I just love your dapper little bear. He makes me smile. Great papers, great cuts, just perfect.

melanie said...

What a cute card. I forgot about that word art. Love it!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable, Susan! Love your mix of patterns and Seamus couldn't be cuter. xxD

snappy scrappy said...

So sweet, love it!! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

I love this cute St Patty bear. I also love how everyone who uses these cute bears makes them uniquely there own like you did..love his patterned jacket!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Aw blimey Susan this Irish girl and bear lover adores this. Adorable card and such lovely vivid greens. You rocked this for me-

Brenda said...

This card is just too cute Susan! I love Sheamus O'Bear, he is just adorable! Love the different pattern papers, they all look fabulous together! Love your shamrocks and the paper you cut them out in! You rocked this challenge lady! Hugs!!

Caroline said...

Wow, Sheamus is definitely dressed to impress.! I just love your card and sentiment and all your paper choices. Awesome!!!
Caroline

Sharon said...

Sheamus is just too adorable Susan! Love his great outfit! The papers your used are wonderful. :)

Creative M said...

Cute!Cute!Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Jayne said...

Sheamus is the main man...sorry I mean bear!!Fabulous card Susan.
Jayne x

Carole Beath said...

Seamus is fabulous and adorableus.... Love all those wonderful irish colors.
Carole

Rosie said...

very cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com